Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2Home Update

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've just been told that an email or letter is due to be with people next week or week after, explaining about refunds and what to do with equipment.

Best regards,

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Daddydoink I have alexa and that can manage the Tado devices from O2 home but thats all. I too looked at Hive since they are building a small set of all product types but the fact that I have Tado means its an expense for heating I don't need and they only currently do an indoor camera where i'm after an outdoor one...

@gmarkj I have been looking at the same ones, Samsung seams a good choice as the existing smart plugs etc are compatible with it however their own starter kits now seam in short supply so not sure if we're due a refresh or they're changing their views on it too. Wink Hub doesn't appear to be available in the UK yet (or am I looking in the wrong place?) 🙂
Message 21 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Marjo any updates on the compatability?

The original Wink hub is on the UK Amazon store @PhoneChanger, but only from 1 seller. Who is based in NY!

The only issue seems to be around which frequencies are used - UK and US use a different frequency for Z Wave so I am not sure on compatability.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:

The original Wink hub is on the UK Amazon store @PhoneChanger, but only from 1 seller. Who is based in NY!

The only issue seems to be around which frequencies are used - UK and US use a different frequency for Z Wave so I am not sure on compatability.

Just checked Amazon out of interest @gmarkj There were a few available though not sure which one you need (confused.com) There seem to be a wide variety of prices as well. Ranging from £99-£299? Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 41

Simma
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have three installed outside cameras (together with a large installation of other devices). As the cameras are mounted high, with the use of ladders, and I have wholes drilled in my walls by the ‘professional installers’, how am I supposed to remove them and effect repairs? I am an elderly retired person who would not feel safe going up ladders to do this. Do I engage a contractor and bill O2?

And also, having removed a previous cancelled system which was provided bt British Gas (Safe & Secure) I know that significant internal re-decoration will be required once the internal devices are removed. Again, do I engage a contractor and bill O2?

Message 24 of 41

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly in the terms and conditions O2 accept no responsibility for when the items are removed and have no responsibility to ‘put right’ any holes / redecoration needs etc.

Origianally when the trial started if we didn’t carry on after the trial O2 would come and put right the damage but once the trial ended and we opted to continue the terms changed
Message 25 of 41

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Out of curiosity has anyone been able to find anything out about the router O2 use as when goggled nothing is returned on it. Was wondering if you can connect to it to reset to factory and try and use as an own set up smart home?
Message 26 of 41

Simma
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The O2 Hub is a Cisco product, but I don’t know anything more.
Message 27 of 41

Simma
  • 52 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
In this instance, as O2 are a big corporate, and we are individual consumers, and it is they who are cancelling the contract (and thus varying the terms), not us, the T&C’s are not enforceable in law.

Also I was not part of any trial, but just a poor sap who took out a contract with them.
Message 28 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkjwrote:

Just checked Amazon out of interest @gmarkj There were a few available though not sure which one you need (confused.com) There seem to be a wide variety of prices as well. Ranging from £99-£299? Smiley Surprised

Yeah, it gets very confusing. More so when you factor in that there are different standards for some connections meaning there is a US and a Europe version.

It's a bit like mobile networks having different bands in the UK and US so somethings will work and others won't.

@Marjo @Martin-O2 can you please get someone to confirm what standard the door sensors and the motion detectors use so we can move on with this?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 29 of 41

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Simma completely agree however there are provisions in the terms that allow them to close the programme. They are actually going above and beyond by refunding everyone and everyone can retain the equipment (even though not all of it can be reused at the moment).

Also thanks for the info on the router, mine isn't a Cisco router, mine is a Technicolor.... maybe that is why I cant find anything out on it.
Message 30 of 41