cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shop issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
My 12 year old went to look at phones in O2 shop in Stranraer . I told her if she chose I would see about getting it for her . I couldn't make it with her so in she went with her friend . The manager tells her she has to be 18 to look at them . She had to leave . I won't be getting her an O2 phone..
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You have to be 18 to get a contract but just browsing the phones on display would be down to managers discretion in the store...
Without knowing all the facts it's difficult to comment but it's possible the store might have had problems with kids in store previously so was a bit nervous about having them unaccompanied in store....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong.

email a complaint here

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You have to be 18 to get a contract but just browsing the phones on display would be down to managers discretion in the store...
Without knowing all the facts it's difficult to comment but it's possible the store might have had problems with kids in store previously so was a bit nervous about having them unaccompanied in store....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
If this was me I'd go back to the shop with my daughter ,and speak to the manager to find out what the issue was and ,move on from there.

Things may have been lost in translation in the conversation with her and the shop staff.
Message 4 of 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

My nephew has only just turned 15 and he has been in a shop loads of times with his friends looking at phones.

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a ridiculous decision.  My grandson is 15 and has been round town last week with his friends, all the same age ....looking at phones, as one of them is due to upgrade.

I think they went into 5 mobile phone shops including O2... and had no problems whatsoever

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Anybody can be asked to leave (banned even) private property (in this case a shop) and no reason needs to be offered.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Anybody can be asked to leave (banned even) private property (in this case a shop) and no reason needs to be offered.

Yes. I understand that. It still makes for poor customer relations though wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Not if that shop manager has had previous problems with under 18s eg shoplifting.

How many general store-type shops do you see with notices such as :

"No more than 2 school age children allowed in this shop at a time"

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Not if that shop manager has had previous problems with under 18s eg shoplifting.

How many general store-type shops do you see with notices such as :

"No more than 2 school age children allowed in this shop at a time"

I see it a lot ....but I still say you can't tar everyone with the same brush. Its up to the individual store of course...but if my grandson and his friends (age 15)  were refused entry to look at the phones on offer then that store would lose up to £2500 of custom. Remembering of course that the phones on display are chained to the wall....not laying around for anyone to pick up and run off with......(like a bag of sweets)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12