Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle

Angelaq85
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So I sent my nearly perfect iPhone XR to o2 recycle, was offered £286 for it initially, they then said the lcd was damaged and revised the offer to £57 to which I declined. Received my phone back today and it is destroyed! Screen smashed and severe discolouration of the lcd. To say I’m furious is an understatement! Anyone else had this issue? I phoned o2 recycle and they have asked me to send the phone back and they will pay me the price originally quoted. I’m sceptical to say the very least as to whether they will honour this.
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Angelaq85
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all, just wanted to update you, I have received payment today of £336 which is more than I was originally quoted, thank you all for your comments and a happy new year!

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Wow @Angelaq85
Firstly welcome to the o2 community forum.
It does seem a regular occurrence that members sending their phones to o2 recycle are very unhappy have been offered a good price then told phone was damaged when they received it.
Some members are lucky they took a photo before sending and the IMEI number of the phone to recognize it upon return.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Angelaq85 

Check your IMEI number is the same as the phone you sent off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 31

Angelaq85
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I’ve checked and the IMEI is different! Also have pictures before I sent the phone with zero damage and have forwarded them to o2, so angry that they have tried to pull this!
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not surprised in the slightest.
They are nothing short of crooks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Angelaq85 

No wonder they offered you your original price if you sent it back to them!!

As @MI5 said , they are a bunch of crooks.

Only proved, due to you taking pictures and making a note of the IMEI. They should be reported to Action Fraud. rage

Maybe @Martin-O2  should be informed of this. Certainly needs some response from community management!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This just justifies everything we have ever said about these disgraceful bandits

@Martin-O2   @Marjo ??

Message 7 of 31

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
That's good to have solid evidence @Angelaq85
As you mentioned needs careful consideration regarding sending that phone back.
Maybe one of our community Managers would be able to advise on this aspect too @Martin-O2

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 31

Angelaq85
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Of course I have to now wait for them to send a pack out for me to send it back, absolutely furious! It was pure chance that I still had the original box with the IMEI printed on it otherwise I wouldn’t have known!
Message 9 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Angelaq85 

As you know this isn't your phone, I would make sure they know that (quoting the IMEI and the photos you have)

Ask for YOUR phone to be sent back immediately. When it's returned, take it to CEX and you will get a much better price for it. Also make sure you advise them if they don't return YOUR phone you will take further action.

I wouldn't deal with this bunch of sharks again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 31