Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle invalid voucher code error

Brian_Duncan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to claim the "Extra £150" 02 recycle offer as I've just got the new Galaxy S21 Ultra but I'm getting an invalid voucher code error when inputting my order number.

Is there a trick to inputting it? I've tried a combination of using be the whole order number and even just the number part with no success...

Any tricks to getting it to work?

Has anyone managed to claim it yet?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Brian_Duncan 

Has to be in the format ms-*******

but may need a day or so for the device to be registered on the system first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Brian_Duncan 

Has to be in the format ms-*******

but may need a day or so for the device to be registered on the system first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Brian_Duncan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5

Ahh, that makes sense if there's a time lag on the different systems.

Yeah I did the whole ms-000000000 code but I guess i'm just being a bit too premature I'll wait a few days and try again.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Haylz
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Im having the same problem & o2 just keep fobbing me off did you manage to get the code to work?

Message 5 of 11

Billsey83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same here issues and nobody helps to get it sorted, I had the phone on pre order and tried 48 hours after registering
Message 6 of 11

peppev44
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i have the same problem. Did you solve it? thanks

Message 7 of 11

Figgypop
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same problem, and they told me to proceed without the code then reply to the confirmation email explaining the error and attach an image of my proof of purchase. I did that on Thursday so awaiting response....

Message 8 of 11

perpetualyawn
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having the same problem with this same offer for the S21 Ultra. I am recycling my S20+ but even after using my new device for nearly 72 hours now, I still get invalid code. In the time I have waited for this to work, the value for my recycle has dropped from £260 to £245 so the longer you have to wait for this code to work, the more it works in O2's favour.

This doesn't appear to be a new issue either and has been an issue for some time from what I have been able to find out. I haven't actually seen a response from a single person who has got this to work. Is it for real or just a con to make you wait and devalue your trade-in price?

Message 9 of 11

Pete0000
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

have you had any luck? I have the same issue when trying to input my order number as the voucher code.

Message 10 of 11