Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle complaint

AndyT27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know how you submit a written complaint against O2 recycle? They are not an O2 company but are part of the Redeem group.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@davidjameselson 

This is typical of Anova. You need to ask for the phone back. State the IMEI and ask them to ensure they send your phone back immediately.

You can the sell it at CEX or Mazuma Mobile and get a far better price for it.

We have had so many complaints about this scam of a company, whose only 'job' is to rob people of the true value of their phones. rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 30

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Threaten them with you seeking legal advice and pursuing the matter further and you'll likely find they will back down. They seem to only prey on the weak.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 30

davidjameselson
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have seen posts where people have asked for it back and either not received their phones or received them back damaged so I'm a little sceptical about doing that. I think my next step is to seek legal advice and see where to go from there. I have told them I think this is fraud but I'm waiting on a response. Thanks for the replies.
Message 13 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@davidjameselson 

There are also numerous posts where Anova have returned the phone as it was sent and then the customer have sold it on to the places I mentioned and got the true resale price back

Also if they are threatened, you could find they increase their offer. They have a legal responsibility to return your device.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 30

davidjameselson
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you I will let you know how I get on when they respond. Somebody should investigate them as its mass fraud. I don't know which governing body would deal with this though.
Message 15 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I will mention our managers here @davidjameselson . Hopefully they may be able to help you get the phone back

@Martin-O2  @EmilieT ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff . slight_smile

@davidjameselson I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with O2 Recycle. I can get someone to look into this for you and find out what's going on with the return of your handset. I'll need some more info so I'll send you a message. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 30

Slice
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@davidjameselson

I had exactly the same issue as you state here.  If my phone and yours has "screen burn" when it looked and worked like a new phone when I sent it, and many others have had similar experience with this company, then I'd say all Samsung Galaxy S8's must have screen burn by now in under 2 years of moderate use.  So why offer around 170 beforehand (+ another 100 in the deal) then offer 34 quid (!)  34 quid ? got to be kidding.  I'd hate to see what they offer someone who sends a tatty phone.

Either Samsung make terrible phones that can't last 2 years or this company's tests are too extreme, or the whole thing is dodgy in my opinion.

Definitely needs someone from O2 offocially to look into this and compensate customers.

This will be the last O2 phone I buy and last one I recycle with them.

Message 19 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Slice 

I would say dodgy in the extreme!!

We hear of peope who have the offer increased when they complain....why is that?

It's not just Samsung. Screen burn is the fault of choice for all mobiles sent to them.

Apparently they are better when recycled instore. Obviously you are with a customer service rep whilst they are checking your device. Sending it off means dealing with faceless employees who appear to be making money out of the whole recycling business.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 30