Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Level 9: Fired up

O2, please stop blocking our mobile application, lovefre.sh

Hello O2 forums.
Since Monday the mobile application that my colleagues and I have worked on for six months has been blocked on O2's mobile data network. For some reason http://lovefre.sh has been lumped in with adult content and hence anyone who hasn't age verified their phone cannot properly access either our web application or our iPhone app.
We are an entirely legitimate social food platform that has been featured on the front page of the itunes app store for the last couple of weeks, so it's fairly easy to see that we are not related to age restricted material in any way.
Our CEO contacted @O2 on twitter to request they lift the block and they said they would do so this morning. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case so I'm posting here in the hope of getting something done about it.
O2, please stop blocking our traffic, you're killing a small, socially-responsible mobile startup. :robotsad:
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: O2, please stop blocking our mobile application, lovefre

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56214 would be the place to post it as o2 site admin chris@o2 has replied in that thread so will see your reply to the thread an new post may get missed as the forums are mainly customer to customer.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Thanks very much, I'll copy the post in that thread too.
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

So for the lessons learnt exercise: ask the mobile operators to verify the site before launching.
Nice idea for an app though.

Yeah that's a fair point but it's a bit late for that now!
We did test the app on the O2 network before launching and had no problems at the time.
Anonymous

If this ridiculous and unacceptable nonsense has cost you business, I suggest you take legal advice. ANY ISP should simply be a conduit for data. They should not filter anything without permission of the account holder.
Anonymous

Agreed, and yes it has hit us very hard. Our traffic has been cut in half (in terms of actual Check-Ins) since last week. I think one of our team has been taking legal advice already today, but I'm pretty certain we don't want to go down that route unless we are unable to get the site unblocked.
Either way thanks for the support. Smiley Happy