cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 lost the plot on customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had my first experience with o2 and if first impressions count then o2 have seriously lost the plot. I ordered an iPad 12.9" online with data contact for click and collect in their Bournemouth store as it was showing as available to collect same day. Order was completed and I got an email saying I could go to the store to collect, a collection reference was provided. When I got to the store I spoke to the chap at the door and advised him I was here to pick up an order. I was told I needed to wait for an available agent. Over 30 mins later and my time was running out. The guy on the door was free so I asked if he could get my order. I was told that he couldn't do that as they need to keep a 'host' at the door. Logic is nuts, have someone stood there doing nothing and make a new, paying customer wait. Finally get to see an available advisor just to be told that there had been an error on the stock system and the item I ordered wasn't in store. Frustrated was an understatement. Ok, so no iPad today, but thought given it's their issue I could get it delivered to home given I'd made a special 40min trip to get to the store. However, then told that he can't organise for home delivery. I asked to speak to the manager, apparently he was unavailable. Ok, totally fed up now, so I asked for my order to be cancelled, but nope, apparently I have to call customer services! In the end I got the advisor to call them and I cancelled. I get that system issues happen and mistakes are made, but the service was so poor, no acknowledgement of it being their issue, no apologies that I'd made a wasted journey in good faith, no proactive help to keep me happy, basically the store staff seemed like they couldn't care less. A very poor advert for o2 and a customer lost! Would not recommend them based on their service for new customers.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a travesty @Anonymous I would complain actually if I were you..http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a travesty @Anonymous I would complain actually if I were you..http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sadly an all too common story 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another case of in stock but actually out of stock 

Message 5 of 5