cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 lease - spam email

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not been with O2 for a few years but this morning I received an email saying that I've agreed to the O2 lease terms and conditions and that the device is on its way, there's an attachment but obviously I'm not opening it.

Has anybody else received a similar email?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Sounds like a phishing mail. Don't click on the attachment. You can report it using the link below, and afterwards delete the mail.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/scam-emails

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Sounds like a phishing mail. Don't click on the attachment. You can report it using the link below, and afterwards delete the mail.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/scam-emails

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I would also call O2 CS to check that nothing has been set up in your name http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Thankfully not but if I were you I would be calling O2 to see if there is any account listed for you. Also check your bank and credit file. There is so much fraud and identity theft these days and O2 need to investigate this.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have rung O2 and they seem to think it's spam.

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am wondering if this is the start of another big spam 'attack'. I seriously hope not. O2 went through a bad patch of  customer security hacks last year....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

A spam attack has crossed my mind, the O2 customer service person said that they have had several queries already this morning about similar emails.

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You've done the right thing. Reporting it to O2 and letting the forum know are positive things. Use the Action Fraud link too, if you have the time. Apart from that, there's little else you can do. Just stay vigilant.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

L-Biz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received one as well.

Message 9 of 12

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Report it, if you have the time. You may think it's not worth it, but the police do investigate these, and will go after whoever is sending them. Reporting it may prevent someone else who might not be so tech savvy from innocently clicking on an attachment and getting themselves into a world of trouble. It's a never-ending battle. Sad to think there are so many evil people in the world.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 12