Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insure are dishonest and appalling!!

SarahSteva
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone ever had a bad experience with not receiving a phone for a long time after the claim has been accepted?
I made a claim for a lost/stollen phone last month 12.7.18 it was accepted straight away but unfortunately there was no stock. They said it would only be a matter of a couple of days as they get stock in daily and I would be notified when the phone was in stock and being dispatched. I have since then made about 15 calls within 3 weeks and each time nobody can help me, give me a time scale or a suitable handset with the same specifications as the phone I insured. The o2 insure team read a robotic script and nobody in any department can help me at all. They have offered me 7 alternatives. All of which are about a third of the price of the phone I insured, they have at least 10mp knocked off the camera and they are not water or dust resistant. These things were essentially what I needed to have in a phone to enter into the can tract.
I have logged a complaint and nobody is willing to give me the next model up or do anything to find out when I can have a phone back. Meanwhile they have added the £50 excess onto my phone bill and I still have no answers never mind a suitable phone.
On Monday I went into an o2 store and the rep rang them for me. The man I spoke to said they had stock and I would receive my phone on Wednesday (today) 1.8.18. So I went home happy. I rang them today to be told there was no stock and I infact was not getting a phone today and all of this rubbish about them not ordering handsets in again.
I have been with o2 for over 10 years. I am in complete shock and so upset that they can treat people like this. Absolutely dishonest service and appalling protocols.
What kind of business is this anyway?
Please can anyone help me in where I stand and what I can do about all the stress it's causing to me and my already very poor mental health.?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SarahSteva you can try complaining via the resolver service in the link below. They usually get good results 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm afraid all us customers on here can't do anything to help you but I'll tag @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT who may be able to help prior to you making a complaint.
Once a complaint has been made though they will be unable to help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see a complaint has been logged by the OP but whether it actually has been logged & actioned is anyone’s guess 

Message 4 of 4