Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance

Musik_7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out a contract last year for a OnePlus 3 with insurance as well, unfortunately my OnePlus 3 broke during the summer and I got it replaced with a OnePlus 5 due to my phone still being under warranty. What I am wondering is will my insurance still cover my OnePlus 5 even though I took out my contract with a OnePlus 3?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Musik_7 welcome to our forum! smiley

Thanks @MI5, @Anonymous and @jonsie for your replies! Just to clarify for @Musik_7 and everyone, we double checked with O2:

If the insurance policy you have is an O2 policy, and the phone was replaced by O2 Insurance, then this will be the now insured phone.

Also, if the phone was replaced by O2 Repair under a warranty, this will be the phone that will be insured.

So basically if the phone is replaced by O2 then this will be on record in the system already and this will become the newly insured phone.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, you need to let the insurance know the new Phone model and the new IMEI number.
Your insurance is currently not valid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope currently you have no insurance as the policy was only valid for the previous device. You need to take out a new policy to cover the new phone 

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't need a new policy, but  the IMEI number needs to be changed and the current policy will just continue. 

Message 4 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Musik_7 welcome to our forum! smiley

Thanks @MI5, @Anonymous and @jonsie for your replies! Just to clarify for @Musik_7 and everyone, we double checked with O2:

If the insurance policy you have is an O2 policy, and the phone was replaced by O2 Insurance, then this will be the now insured phone.

Also, if the phone was replaced by O2 Repair under a warranty, this will be the phone that will be insured.

So basically if the phone is replaced by O2 then this will be on record in the system already and this will become the newly insured phone.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Please forgive me disagreeing with you and o2 Marjo, but experience on her tells us different.
O2 insurers have denied responsibility in these cases in the past unless the customer calls and registers the replacement device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys,

If the O2 Insurance has provided the replacement phone, they will hold a record of it. However, you are right @MI5 suggesting that it’s best that the customer provides the updated information, but it isn’t essential wink

Thanks for all the help @jonsie, @Anonymous,@MI5 and @Marjo. With you, I am always learning! heartheart 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I had a rubbish experience with O2 insure in these exact circumstances. Strangely enough they insisted they didn't have the ability to update any phone details when Apple replaced my iPhone 6s. After reading on these boards that in my situation I wasn't covered until they'd accepted and updated my IMEI, and acknowledged that in writing.

Even after going through their complaints prices they were unable/unwilling to change my details, insisting I was covered but wouldn't provide that in writing. So, I cancelled my policy with them. They lost £150 per year in revenue, and I'll never use O2 insure again 😟

I've recently however activated Trov which is an insurance app that you can switch on/off as and when needed. Underwritten by AXA, who I've always had positive experiences with.
Message 8 of 9

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @gindygoo,

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with the insurance.  

As you know, our team is dedicated to making constant improvements and our goal to make sure every customer receives the best possible service. We will pass your feedback back to Insurance team and hopefully your experiences @MI5 and @gindygoo will help other users.

Thanks a lot for sharing all of them with us and please let us know if there’s anything else we can do! Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 9 of 9