Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 hoodie

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Back in January, I received the news I’d won an O2 Hoodie for a posting I made on here.

Great! I was pleased as I’m not normally a lucky person. There could be a competition with 30 entrants and 29 prizes..gues who’d be the loser? 

Not a life or death issue but nice to have won something for a change. So I waited patiently for it to come.

A few weeks went by and I hadn’t received it and queried it here. I got a reply saying they were on their way. 

Guess what?

I NEVER RECEIVED IT

And to be honest I’m very disappointed by this.

Seems like staff in O2 shops are now wearing hoodies.

Please in future just don’t offer me anything instead of telling me I’ve won a prize then not sending it to me ! 

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Skyhawk1010 wrote:

The point is that if a person or an organisation is offering a prize...it isn’t exactly nice and polite to offer that and then just not bother sending it out. 

Forgetting to send out a prize is frankly a *bleep*-take. 

And  pgni f you want to start getting sarcastic I just hope O2 offer to take £30 off your bill...then ‘forget’ to deduct it .

Lets see what you’re saying then ! 

No sarcasm intended, @Skyhawk1010 - I was agreeing with you in many respects. If I entered a competition and won £30 off my bill, I'd chase it up in the same way I'm chasing up the hoodie prizes in this competition: nicely, but pointedly.

I do know, in this case, there has been some delay in O2 getting hold of the stock, as mentioned by @Marjo further up the thread.

I am sure they will turn up, eventually.

Message 11 of 65

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I do agree and I'm waiting now 2 years for something promised first by Toby and then by Mercedes and I have totally given up on it.

Message 12 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie It’ll be the Note 10 release  before you see the 8 

Message 13 of 65

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, and nice to see you again @Skyhawk1010 slight_smile Sorry about the delay with the hoodies, I realise it's causing some frustrations. We haven't forgotten about it. I've just commented in the New Year's competition topic too that I'm waiting for news on my end and will send you all a PM when I get an update so please look out for that. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Message 14 of 65

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Think I got the wrong end of the stick @pgn sorry about that. I was a bit rattled then, and the ‘No Hoodie’ malarkey was one of several irritations that day. 

O2 really should have known and behaved a bit better than that IMHO.

Prizes and their delivery are a general urine extraction elsewhere. I read of a case where some lucky blighter had won a top of the range Google Pixel handset.He still hadn’t received it six months later. And a bit like me, he got a bit annoyed over it . The forum owner then started saying “ Well you’re getting it for free, so you get it when you get it ! ” to guffaws of laughter of the other (jealous?) forum members. 

Message 15 of 65

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
No offence taken, @Skyhawk1010 - I know the frustration! Older son won a top of the range gaming pc online somewhere, from some YouTuber, last year. Whilst we were sceptical, it did eventually arrive as promised, some 3 or 4 months later... Thankfully, someone was in the house to sign for it when it arrived! 😎
Message 16 of 65

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be fair, other prizes on the community have arrived promptly so it's just a shame that the hoodies seem to have been forgotten with all the admin changes. No excuse but these prizes have been a one-off as a no-show.

Message 17 of 65

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The last batch were sent out by Toby. I got mine 5 days after he asked who wanted one...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 65

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The last batch were sent out by Toby. I got mine 5 days after he asked who wanted one...

Yes as I say, other items offered as prizes have been sent out very quickly, this has been an exception, apart from my Note 8 tongue_winking

Message 19 of 65

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Think you might be waiting a while for that one @jonsie...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 65