cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have confirmed an issue with the apple watch and e sim causing caller not to hear ringing tone

Pdoddze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had an ongoing intermittent issue where when someone calls me they hear two ring tones and then silence before another ring tone and then my message sewrvice. My Iphone is ringing my end. All the usual things have been tried ie new SIM, trying another handset and finally after 7 weeks I have been told it is a known fault that O2 are trying to fix and will then roll out accross the whole network. They couldnt give me a timescale. Suggested to turn off and not use my apple watch as this would resolve the issue in the meantime. 

Strangely this didnt happen when I moved to the O2 network and got my apple watch but about 5 months later.

Have refunded me £16 but of course I would rather the issue was fixed. 

Just wondered if anyone else is having the same issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Pdoddze 

We've had two or three people on here with the same issue but it's not an epidemic by any means.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Pdoddze
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

They told me they were test bedding a fix that was a rollout accross the whole network as it was affecting lots of customers. Its incredibly frustrating as I am getting a lot of people just hanging up.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Understandable.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4