cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 could cost me my mortgage - even though they've admitted it was their mistake..

JamieEverall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Unfortunately I can see I'm not the first person this has happened to..

After months of stress and phone calls, O2 were meant to waive a final fee on my account and close it on November 2019.

There is a note on the account to do so and i was told i needed to do nothing more.

This was ignored.. and due to this, the account went into arrears and then default without my knowledge from Feb 2020. I found out about this in December 2020 when looking to apply for a mortgage.

Due to their mistake, my credit score has been impacted so much that I am now currently unable to get a mortgage.

O2 have put their hands up and said it was a huge mistake by them and would have the final bill waived as it should have been in 2019, and contacted the Credit File team to have the late payments and Default removed from my credit file.

They also offered me £50 as compensation for my troubles...

I refused the £50 compensation as it was quite frankly insulting and didnt reflect the mental damage they had caused me, not to mention the damage to my credit. However I made it clear that the late payments and default on the account must still be removed. I was assured the credit amendment had been requested.

I'm now finding out that their Credit File team are refusing to remove the late payments and default, even though they were instructed to do so by O2.

edit - It is worth mentioning, i have full transcripts from my appeal with the advisor on Resolver, as well as direct emails from O2 confirming they were updating my credit file and would call me on my current mobile number when they recieved a response. I had to chase the call myself and found out that the Credit File team had refused to remove the above.

Please. What can i do?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pretty outrageous to get such conflicting info on THREE occasions! I hope one of our managers can help @JamieEverall fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

JamieEverall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Appreciate the responses. Will wait to hear from one of the tagged Managers. Thank you.

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've replied to your message @JamieEverall, please take a look and get back to me when you can. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Martin was quicker pray

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@jonsie rude joy

signature

Message 10 of 10