cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contiues to invest in network???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for e-mail update on how o2 is improving coverage (or not) I was assured that my home would be covered by an upgrade of masts in the Scottish Borders before I renewed my contract in 2012, i still have no voice signal. I would like to know when TD46BA will have o2 coverage  John

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My 3G signal is down at home at the moment. The last time this happened at work they were getting 4G set up, so I'm hopeful this means it's coming at my home location soon slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

MI5 with 4G, good grief we'll have to pay a fee to talk to you! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I like the sound of that - Good idea - I'll talk to "M" about it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 15 of 24

WillyR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another comment from " SO-CALLED rich Kent..."

I was responding to the complaint from the person in Scotland, backing up his/her complaint of lack of action by O2. You skipped over that part.

I am quite surprised by the rather unfriendly put-downs in a couple of the reply posts I read last evening in response to my initial Post. I posted to make a comment that should be pushed forward by the number of similar posts regarding O2's constant patting itself on the back over new installations while at the same time ignoring areas of poor connection capability all around Britain. For example, I have had very poor voice communication where I live - even outside the house - ever since I was forced to move to O2 three years ago, and there is no planned upgrade for this area (that O2 will admit to). Why? Because not enough people complain. I would dearly LOVE to be able to use 3G where I live, but even 2G is unreliable, so why the great rush to 4G when so much of the sytem is abysmally poor, almost as bad as some third-world countries.....

Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Interested in what way you were "forced" to move to O2?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish to bring somethiing positive here. Customers in Slovakia enjoying their 4g by T-Mobile in average speeds 30mb/s max 42mb/s. This has been tested in 4 largest town in the country by mobile magazine. 4G has been launched there just last week. 3G full coverage. This news I red this morning, made me happy for them and sad for us. This shows that somewhere is better wind...

Message 18 of 24

WillyR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nothing sinister... No gun to my head from O2 or anyone else. It was for business reasons. My experience with O2 started out extremely positive, but the high esteem I held O2 in at the begiining is waning. Roaming voice charges are exorbitant in the extreme unless one is the type who spends hours/minutes on the phone when overseas. Likewise roaming DATA, unless one uses the full allowance every day. When all phone Companies were obliged to reduce their call charges in April (?) this year, nothing changed at O2 - that I noticed, anyway.

Message 19 of 24

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think O2 Travel in Europe offers some of the lowest costs available (except for the countries where Three have removed them completely). Unfortunately, every network charges high costs for countries outside of Europe which are related to the costs imposed on the networks by those countries.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 24