Did you mean: 

O2 blocking our new app

qwerty1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2

We've developed a new app to allow a pension scheme's members check their details but we've found that some members are being blocked when accessing through O2 devices in a specific area. 

Can you please help us unblock our app in this area. All other networks and regions seem to be working fine. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@qwerty1 This is not O2. If you speak to customer service they will point you in the right direction. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@qwerty1 

O2 only block sites, as classified by the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification).

Issues such as bad language, dangerous behaviour, discrimination, drugs, horror, nudity, sex and violence will get sites blocked but this can also extend to advertising links on a site, even if the site itself does not contain such material.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

qwerty1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the blocked.org link. I've submitted a request for any and all blocks to be removed. 

It's odd that it's only affecting O2 users in a specific region,  @Marjo@Martin-O2@EmilieT I believe this has happend to other app developers on O2 networks, are you able to advise please? 

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @qwerty1 let me check in with the team about the best way to proceed on this one. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

qwerty1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Martin-O2, thank you for looking into this for us.
Message 7 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem at all @qwerty1 slight_smile I'm waiting on a response now so I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @qwerty1 I've heard back on this and apps and websites shouldn't be getting blocked based on location, just age restrictions. 

Can you let me know specifically where the app is not working and a few examples of where it's not. It would also be very useful if you can provide screenshots of what's displayed when the app is blocked. Feel free to post here or send me a private message with the details. 

signature

Message 9 of 9