Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi

Kazza22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, I have recently changed my phone to the Samsung 10+ and for some unknown reason i cannot connect to the o2 Wifi  automatically when out and about and when i connect in the Sainsbury store to use their scan app, my phone says it is connect to the wifi but i cannot access anything and therefore i'm unable to use the scan as you shop app. 

Not ideal in current climate. Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to sort out. I didnt have this issue on my S9.

Thanks K

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Kazza22 

Sometimes the old phone gets stuck in the system, so you need to call O2 to reset your wifi account to allow the new phone to register.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Nick_selkent
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sainsburys wifi isn't provided by O2 last time I looked, it was operated by BT wifi on their behalf.

You can reset your O2 WiFi settings in the My O2 app.

The automatic log in for O2 WiFi comes up as 'WiFi Extra' on the list of WiFi networks that comes up. When changing a device, the settings do need updating and like I said you can do this in the My O2 app.

For further information on O2 WiFi go to www.o2wifi.co.uk there is a lot of useful information on there.

The other public wifi hotpots across the UK are:

BT WiFi formerly BT Openzone
BT inlink (BT Street Hubs)
The Cloud owned by Sky
Virgin Wifi (formerly Arqiva)
Virgin Media(mostly London underground)
KCOM (around Hull)

Any of these are nothing to do with O2 and they won't be able to help you unless you are trying to connect to Virgin Media's on the London Underground.
Message 3 of 3