Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi not working - Android Google Pixel 2 XL

TC88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there - I recently switched from iPhone to Android. Previously I was able to access O2 Wifi when I went to the gym (Pure gym - it's underground, so there's no reception).

However, since switching (and retaining my number) I can't get access at all. I'm able to connect to the router, but then nothing happens - no login screen or anything (I've never seen a login screen). The connection always times out.

I've tried several things, including forgetting the network and trying again. I've also tried resetting my MAC address by typing 1.0.0.0 in the URL, but this did nothing.

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144225 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Hence why I said "should".
You'll have to contact customer services to manually delete your account and old MAC address.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144225 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
1.0.0.0 should take you to the log in page.
You should see “Welcome (your name) at the top right.
If you click on your name you can log out and then reconnect with your new MAC address.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @TC88, any help from the above suggestion from @MI5? slight_smile Let us know how you get on with this and if we can help further?

Message 3 of 5

TC88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - no, I tried that solution before (see original entry). It didn't work for me. 

Cheers,
Tom. 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144225 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Hence why I said "should".
You'll have to contact customer services to manually delete your account and old MAC address.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5