cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi At London Underground Not able to connect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 number: XXXXXXX1097 (current O2 number)
My Old number now ported to above number: XXXXXXX0114 (came with new O2 contract)
Make of my phone : iPhone 5C

I'm trying to Log into Virgin Wifi at London Underground via O2 Login Page. but getting following error message.

Error Message: 

"Looks like this device is regestired to a different number on O2 Wifi. We have sent a text with more details to that number."

It may be because I used my old number XXXXXXX0114 to use O2 Wifi(via App) at shopping centers and Later Ported to my current number(XXXXXXX1097)
and my current iPhone is still registered with Old number(XXXXXXX0114) If you can delete my iphone 5C from this number (XXXXXXX0114) as My registed device it may allow me to use O2 Wifi.

I had chat with O2 Guru for 2 hrs (I have backup of that script but no help).

All I need is access my old number O2 wifi account and delete my iPhone 5c as registered device.

I tried Deleting O2 Wifi App , Resetting Network Settings, Soft reset of my phone....but noting help, it is definitely not a Phone issue. my iphone must be deleted from my old number O2 wifi account then only this issue will resolve.

If some one listening and willing to help send me an email registered with my O2 account I will give my old number(came with new O2 contract) and Ported number(current O2 number).

Thank you.
Vikas

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jeffreytvalerie
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That means its how O2 have configured there routers, as I can remember, this is the device that creates the tables that hold the MAC addresses. O2 need to reconfigure their routers to clear/reset or both
Message 21 of 23

jeffreytvalerie
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Absolutely Brilliant ideas

I have deleted it and will try again
Message 22 of 23

jeffreytvalerie
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank You Anonymous, but the public internet service on the underground is VirginMedia which has the same type of offer as O2, the only difference is that you may get some instruction to fix the issue.
My phone network service is 3UK, and I can go to their customer service or there is an actual webpage for the WiFi issue, something I have mentioned to O2, 2 years back.
I didn't mention before that I was with 3UK, because the service is supposed to be impartial across the board like VirginMedia.
This issue is on the Overground.
Message 23 of 23