cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi At London Underground Not able to connect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 number: XXXXXXX1097 (current O2 number)
My Old number now ported to above number: XXXXXXX0114 (came with new O2 contract)
Make of my phone : iPhone 5C

I'm trying to Log into Virgin Wifi at London Underground via O2 Login Page. but getting following error message.

Error Message: 

"Looks like this device is regestired to a different number on O2 Wifi. We have sent a text with more details to that number."

It may be because I used my old number XXXXXXX0114 to use O2 Wifi(via App) at shopping centers and Later Ported to my current number(XXXXXXX1097)
and my current iPhone is still registered with Old number(XXXXXXX0114) If you can delete my iphone 5C from this number (XXXXXXX0114) as My registed device it may allow me to use O2 Wifi.

I had chat with O2 Guru for 2 hrs (I have backup of that script but no help).

All I need is access my old number O2 wifi account and delete my iPhone 5c as registered device.

I tried Deleting O2 Wifi App , Resetting Network Settings, Soft reset of my phone....but noting help, it is definitely not a Phone issue. my iphone must be deleted from my old number O2 wifi account then only this issue will resolve.

If some one listening and willing to help send me an email registered with my O2 account I will give my old number(came with new O2 contract) and Ported number(current O2 number).

Thank you.
Vikas

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tofolo_1 Thank you very much.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thank you for suggestion, I followed your steps, Since I was getting O2Wifi Landing page and logged into O2Wifi, I clicked on Not You? link and asked me to confirm I want to logout and the device will be deleted from O2 wifi. So far so good, Closed browser and in Wifi Settings clicked Forget O2WiFi to make sure it ask me to login again, but When I tried to access internet again after these steps, surprise I have logged in again without doing any thing able to browse internet at same O2wifi hot spot :(.

and then I tried going to 1.0.0.0 but nothing happened no O2 wifi Landing page, just wait icon going round and round :-).

Message 12 of 23

Tofolo_1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

okay, my Guess is that your session just continued. Remember its the Wifi system that remembers you, not your phone remembering the hotspot that gives you an account. The reason there will be a "session" is to stop you constantly seeing the Welcome page in Mc Donalds but it will also run for x hours so you see it 2 or 3 times a day.

If you can get to the welcome page and see "not you" can you repeat the steps. If you just see some sort of login screen then can you try tomorrow (assuming the session will have timed out by then).

If this is getting you no where i think you need to do this in stages

1) Perform the not you stuff

2) Turn off wifi and dont try o2 wifi for a day

3) Try to sign up using the O2 wifi app (after 24 hours) its on iOS and Android - if not then try to sign up again after 24 hours.

After that i am out of suggestions i am afraid. You could try calling O2 and tell them you ported your number and now you need your Old O2 wifi account deleted, someone must have a system to view O2 wifi accounts on your old phone number if you remember it 🙂

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup culprit was the session, next day when I tried again registered once more after asking O2 Customer service to delete my O2 wifi account.
and then Tried at Underground no issue at all worked fine. Thank you for trick...which worked perfectly.
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having same problems with connecting on the underground.  However I am reluctant to muck about with my stable working O2 wifi connection and ignore "Beardies" wifi, as I ignore his wretched junk mail that arrives twice a week through my letter box.

Message 15 of 23

Howie1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks you so much for this; worked a treat to enable my new iPhone log onto Tube wifi again.

Much appreciated.

Message 16 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Howie1 Glad you found the forum useful, and welcome slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 23

GordonGekko
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This needs to be stickied.

After almost half a decade the solution still works.

Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Most ofthe regulars will link to this when the question is asked though I do agree the thread should be stickied or made into a guide.

Message 19 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It used to be on the index page but was removed for some reason?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 23