O2 Travel

DrHappyHaggis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, All

I am subscribed to O2 Travel and have the following question:

When I'm in the UK (Scotland), if I call my friend in NL, it is an 'International Call', for which I'll be charged.  However, if I am in NL with my O2 phone and I call her, does this still qualify as an International Call or, will it qualify as a local call under my tariff and therefore not be subject to call charges?

I thank y'all in advance for your assistance.

DHH

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@DrHappyHaggis 

Local calls when roaming in EU are included free as part of the roaming package.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7922 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Ringing out of the UK to Europe will be a chargeable international call.

However when you are roaming in the EU you can phone back to the UK with no extra charge.

TRAVEL only applies when you are out of the UK 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

DrHappyHaggis
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Enlli

Thank you for your prompt response.  However, this is not an answer to my, very specific, question.

DHH

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@DrHappyHaggis 

Local calls when roaming in EU are included free as part of the roaming package.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23987 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@DrHappyHaggis When you're in Scotland, if you want to call your friend in NL , download WhatsApp and have them do the same. You can then call, text, and video call using your WiFi connection for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

DrHappyHaggis
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear MI5

Thank you for your response.  This is very welcome news.

DHH

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

You're welcome @DrHappyHaggis 

Message 7 of 8

DrHappyHaggis
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Bambino

Thank you for your response.

I am aware that one can use WhatsApp.  My question was simply an attempt to establish that, 'Home Is Where My Phone Is'.  That is to say, when I'm in Scotland, I call mobile and landlines as part of my tariff.  However, when I'm in NL, is 'Local' NL; in which case, I can call all of my friends in NL, both Landline and Mobile, at no charge.

I think this has now been established by 'Advisor MI5.'

DHH

Message 8 of 8