cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been abroad to the USA and while over there i sent two texts on separate days.When i looked at my bill they have charged me £4.99 for each text.When i asked in the shop about this they said i was signed up to O2 travel and that i could have used the phone for the day and not just for one text.Before i went away there is a section on their website that says you can sign up to o2 travel if you wish and how to do this.I did not sign up to anything and in fact received a text when i landed in the US stating that my texts would cost 49p each.

When i have looked on my account it says i have o2 travel bolt on enabled hence the £4.99. I have never signed up to this and its says the bolt on was actived on the day i took out my contract.I was not aware of o2 travel until now and have certainly not entered into this deal.

Can anyone help me to get my money back. I don't mind paying the two lots of 49p for the two texts but £9.98 is taking the mickey when i didn't sign up for it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Call CS and ask them to refund you.
You can also cancel the bolt on in your MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Call CS and ask them to refund you.
You can also cancel the bolt on in your MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Links.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.I have spoken to a live chat person and they have refunded the whole amount back to my account.I have taken a screen grab of the conversation but hopefully ,when the next bill comes , it should be sorted.Thanks for taking the time to help.Its most apprecaitedThanks!

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Good luck mate.
Let us know please.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received my bill for this month and they have been good to their word and not charged me for the O2 travel.Thanks again for your help. 🙂

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have received my bill for this month and they have been good to their word and not charged me for the O2 travel.Thanks again for your help. 🙂

Thats good to hear @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
Message 8 of 8