cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Opt Out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I just switched from pay monthly to payg, and I found in my Bolt Ons list something called "O2 Travel Opt Out". I assume this gives me a different tariff from normal when abroad. Where can I find details of the tariffs with and without this opt out?

Thanks

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

The email says "since you're on o2 travel" implies that everyone with it enabled gets the email.

travelnew.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Result! I just had a live chat with O2, pointing out the misleading wording on their recent Travel Update and asking for £3.98 back for the two texts. No problem, agreed with no argument! 

Message 22 of 42

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Well done slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes a result. I see more chats/calls of this nature coming O2's way....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 42

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Hopefully cs have been given some leeway to compensate customers who weren't aware, for a few months at least anyway...

Currently using:
Message 26 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to quickly point out categorically that I did not receive a text from O2 about this. After coming back from abroad, I was stung with an extra £23 on my bill for sending the odd text to my wife.

In O2's credit, the guy I spoke to on the chat accepted that this had happened unintentionally, and refunded the money without me even having to ask. So, kudos to O2 in this respect. However, I do think it needs to be made clearer about the changes as rather than helping people avoid big charged, they can in fact result in some unexpectedly large bills if you are used to the old O2 travel (as I was) and just send the occasional text.

Overall, for VERY heavy and/or data users, O2 Travel has its uses. But for the odd text, it becomes a massive rip-off compared with before. It's also a great shame that although O2 show the bolt-on in your profile, they don't give information about removing it there. I had to Google around to find out (by finding this thread as it happens).

Message 27 of 42

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
What did the text say that you received when you first arrived in the foreign country?

Currently using:
Message 28 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
What did the text say that you received when you first arrived in the foreign country?

I will screenshot mine when I go to Spain...as I have opted out of O2 travel...Will be interesting to read...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 42

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Can compare mine on Saturday.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 42