Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Bolt On

GW303
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will be visiting Canada, one of the listed countries eligible for the Travel Bolt On. In the O2 blurb it says under ‘not included’, are calls to other destinations that are NOT the UK or the visited country. I cannot positively ascertain whether or not calls within the visited country are definitely included or not. Phone calls to customer services and two different O2 shops have all given different answers! Anybody know?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GW303 

Calls within Canada to any Canadian numbers and calls to any UK number are included.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GW303 

Calls within Canada to any Canadian numbers and calls to any UK number are included.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

GW303
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for clarifying. I have been trying to ascertain also whether or not I can physically make a connection to a network provider on arrival in Canada, just to give me the ability to RECEIVE calls (with the option of being able to make a call if needed) WITHOUT having Data Roaming switched on. I will have no need to connect with internet via the phone when not connected to Wi-Fi (unless an emergency). Am happy to spend the £6 daily rate when I need to but want to avoid background data ‘leakage’ that I am unaware of that will trigger the fee!

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GW303 

Just turn off your mobile data.

You will still be able to receive calls OK.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

GW303
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So no mobile data \ data roaming needed to be switched on simply to make that connection to the local provider? Thank you

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

That's correct @GW303 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

GW303
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One final question, does the charge kick in if I RECEIVE a call or text?

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GW303 

Receiving calls and texts will not trigger the O2 Travel daily charge. Any calls received will be deducted from your daily 120 minutes allowance. If you exceed your 120 minute call allowance on received calls alone, you will then proceed to be charged the standard roaming rates of your destination of travel for any additional dialled and /or received calls in the same day period.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

GW303
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really grateful for the info. ThNk you

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14