Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Repair / Customer service failure - What do I do next

Jamieww
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My P30 Pro is less than a year old, it was sent for repair a week ago and returned yesterday, all paperwork stated that a repair was done plus a software update (I always update to latest), the check box of repair tests said all PASSED - yet I have the same issue as it was sent away for.

After multiple attempts at contacting the repair department, I finally spoke to someone who confirmed that the repair had been done, even explained the issue they found & subsequently repaired. When I explained the issue was still EXACTLY the same, the adviser said I would have to send the phone back in for repair - so another week without my phone - BUT, they were not able to "book" the repair & I had to contact customer services to arrange repair - sounds simple, or so I thought.

After multiple attempts, phone hang ups & messages to say to look online for the resolution of my problem, I finally spoke to someone, they attempted to "book" the repair but were unable to do so as the "repair department" had not closed the return down correctly, this was then supposedly resolved but the customer service adviser could not rebook straight away as the system would need time to update.

I was then promised by the adviser that at 8am this morning, they would arrange the repair booking, send me the label via email & text to confirm that this was done - I have NOT received anything, they have NOT followed through on their promise.

I have tried to get in touch by phone and again hit a brick wall, either customer services have taken the day off or nobody is answering.

O2 repairs & Customer services have failed to help, so what can I do next? 

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jamieww 

All we can suggest is that you keep trying customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Jamieww
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 ,

I will try your method, its just so annoying that after sending a pnone away for a week to get repaired, the same issue is there on return & then noone seems willing to take ownership of arranging another booking for repair.

Why do they persist on telling everyone to use the online services but the online services are not able to actually get you through to doing anthing?

Even when you get through on the phone the poor adviser is unable to help but "promises" to resolve & get back in touch - but never actually does.

So much for being a Communications company - they haven't a clue about communicating.

I came back to O2 last year andmy contract will be up very soon, I wish I had stayed clear of them they are useless.

Thanks for your help @MI5 , its appreciated

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome and good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Jamieww just checking if you got this sorted over the phone or do you still have trouble with this?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5