cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh The SCAM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been thinking about this since August last year. Coming to the end of my contract i thought oh i have O2 refresh. Happy with my phone i decided to ask the QUESTION. I would like to keep my phone until my free upgrade what happens with my O2 refresh money? You don't get it back.

Here are my issues.

1. A Sim only contract £9 - £15

2. You Pay O2 £25 upwards for a Sin only contract.(RIP OFF)

3. You then pay for the phone at a rate of (Full price of the phone / length of contract in months)

4. Can anybody see this.

5. I am getting bummed here

So here we go.

I dont really like complaining but WTF.

You go to O2 cause you want a phone with your contact and the minuets data text etc.

I mean i got it O2 Refresh cause being a techno-lad I love new techo OH this will be good pay off my 'contract' (and before you get the lawyers around I know it wouldn't be the contract for the 'SIM' cause that would get rolled in to a new 24 month contract) get a new phone BOOM ahead of the game (SUCKER) ". Should have known everything has a price.

I love O2 they have great customer service and it is mainly beyond reproach, and you Mr Customer service adviser, you reading this now instead of the prick that thought of this idea, are a good guy I love coming to you with my problems in your service you strive to help me. Love it don't stop.

But whoever's idea this was mate, I'll be complaining to some financial authority or some trading board. Because it takes the *bleep*.

If nothing happens I might go see someone about say a SCAM that has no place in your business were customers have been mislead. (said reason above by the way). You sell a contract were they expect a phone, and then sell some stuff about how your bound to the contract and the phone, But really if i didn't want to stay with O2 and deal direct with yourselves, I wouldn't have done it, Carphone Warehouse, all these shops they just buy you out to sell the new contract, Believe me i know i work in the car industry i know how PCP works. These places have money set aside to buy them out and you give them the buy out cheaper.

Once O2 Once O2, you have really annoyed me.

Nathan

On a lighter note I blame HTC for making some of the best phones on the market.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Capita?
Whats Capita got to do with any of this?
Message 61 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No where does it say you can continue on the same airtime plan and get a new phone.
Show me where you have seen that please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their response to me was via a Capita email. You also haven't been keeping up to date, most if not all of O2 Customer Services are now Capita - rumoured to be 1billion deal.
Message 63 of 79

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
CS is outsourced to Capita but they have nothing to do with advertising or running the business.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 64 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where O2 state that you can change your phone without a new airtime contract but just use your existing plan/airtime

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/o2-refresh-explained

O2 Refresh explained

O2 Refresh lets you change phones whenever you want. It works by splitting your bill into two parts: a Phone Plan and an Airtime Plan.

The Phone Plan is the cost of the phone
The Airtime Plan covers all your calls, texts and data
If you want to upgrade to the latest smartphone, all you need to do is pay off the Phone Plan, and you're free to upgrade while continuing to use your Airtime Plan.
Message 65 of 79

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Badly worded, as usual for the o2 website.

Currently using:
Message 66 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still a contractual explanation or definition which, unfortunately, O2 fail to honour! They really can't get away with ignoring their own printed descriptor - but they do. No new phone without a new airtime contract at the same time, despite what's in black & white!
Message 67 of 79

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is where O2 state that you can change your phone without a new airtime contract but just use your existing plan/airtime

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/o2-refresh-explained

O2 Refresh explained

O2 Refresh lets you change phones whenever you want. It works by splitting your bill into two parts: a Phone Plan and an Airtime Plan.

The Phone Plan is the cost of the phone
The Airtime Plan covers all your calls, texts and data
If you want to upgrade to the latest smartphone, all you need to do is pay off the Phone Plan, and you're free to upgrade while continuing to use your Airtime Plan.

Obviously worded wrongly, one for @Toby to refer back.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 68 of 79

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Taken literally, "while" means "during the time that something else happens".
In this case, that "something else" would be upgrading your contract and also implies that after the time that "something else happens" it would end.

Currently using:
Message 69 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope Perksie, I kept my original O2 emails confirming this very point when I joined Refresh. O2 no longer wish to honour that deal and are ignoring what's on the website.

I reported this to O2 three weeks ago. They haven't changed(corrected) it, so it must be valid.
Message 70 of 79