Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Level 1: Joiner

Re: O2 Recyle - Advice on chip on phone

I am tempted with the s7 - have had apple since the original iphone, so am heavily tied in to thier ecosystem.

Altough, I do watch movies on the "go" so the SD card and the nice screen would be a benefit, its just making that "cut" and severing ties with Apple and all my 1000's of apps - and having to migrate music from iTunes into something else would be a total pain!

I dont think i would get the "open" discount on the S7 edge though, as its a new phone?

I'm wavering even more now!  

Can someone make a decision for me lol ;-)

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,403

Pretty much every app you have on iOS is available on Android and transferring music and other content is easy if you use Samsung SmartSwitch.
O2 Open is now available on the S7 too - It was only not allowed for the first month after launch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 69: Guiding Light

Come away from the dark side @Alexhaden. Free yourself, and your phone.Happy Dance

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Topics: 758

Knowing that the choice is yours @Alexhaden..and in jest. Just remember...every picture tells a story..LOL

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 14: Rising star 

If money isn't an object the S7 edge is a fantastic phone. If you want to keep your bills down I'd still thoroughly recommend the S6/edge. There isn't that much between them. The S7 edge is slightly bigger, waterproof and has an SD card slot. Apart from the screen size, the other features are more of gimmicks unless you plan on using the phone to shoot 4k video underwater. The S6's are about half the price of the S7's and in my opinion blows the iPhone 6S out of the water.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Anonymous

You can look at o2 recycle online & put in the model

of your phone & see what the current value Is before committing to anything. CEX will give a good price because it's an iPhone & they hold their value 

Thanks all for your help, i was the bane of O2 today.

Went for a s7 edge, had to pay off my contract, then cancelled that and went for the 6s plus instead....i think i drove them mad by changing my mind half way through!

Collecting tomorrow from local store :-) i'll drop into CEX and see what they say with my old Iphone.

One question, dont know if you will be able to answer - as I have moved to O2 Refresh and had to buy out my contract to do early upgrade - the lady said if i cancel within the 14 days, i cannot go back to my old tarrif.

So out of curiosity - what would happen if i hate the size of the 6s plus and did cancel in the 14 days?  Would the contract (that i bought out) just end? and i would have to start anew?

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,403

Yes, it would just cancel and you'd have to start a brand new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,096

Yes when you return a phone, the contract in its entirety is cancelled and you start anew.  If the tariff is no longer available you can only choose what is currently available. 

Thanks again all - Appreciate it :-)

Very friendly forum this :-)

I'll update you all tomorrow what CEX says and what i think of the 6s Plus compared to my old 6.

Probably wont notice much difference :-/