Did you mean: 

O2 Recyle - Advice on chip on phone

Alexhaden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

before i send my phone off to O2 Recylce - just wondering if its worth it? 

Basically, while the whole of the phone is in 99% perfect condition, it has a slight, tiny chip in the edge of the screen.  Dont know how its happened, as its always been in a a UAG case since it was bought.

Its the only blemish on the phone, not a scratch, dent or anything else.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, would this class as screen damage and reduce the quote by 50%, or would it just be something like 10%?

I can cope with 10%, as it would still give me £200, but 50% and its not worth the trouble/stress.

I have attached a piccy to show the only thing wrong with the phone.

Any advice welcomed slight_smile

P1030537.JPG

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Look forward to hearing from you....and yes you have been very busy today as you say..Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Alexhaden wrote:

Probably wont notice much difference 😕

Only a few hundred quid wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lol yes - but its Apple - totally worth it......(thats what the media keeps telling me though!)

One last question - how does the billing work when upgrading to Refresh?

Just had a bill produced a few days ago, due to be taken by DD on the 16th of this month.  Im guessing that another one for the new device airtime will also be due this month? 

Or will it fall into next month, but just be a bit bigger bill?

Message 23 of 46

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As you did it as an upgrade it will just continue on as you are with the increase next month on your bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you (again!) so will that cover both parts of refresh, or will there be 2 DD's? (I was on an old standard monthly single payment type before)
Message 25 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and.... Im guessing the new charges wont kick in until i actually collect the phone from store?  Or would it start from today?

....um, thats all of the difficult questions i can think of for now.......

Message 26 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Alexhaden wrote:

Lol yes - but its Apple - totally worth it......(thats what the media keeps telling me though!)

Just sad we didn't manage to convert you to the android army @Alexhaden..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Alexhaden wrote:
Thank you (again!) so will that cover both parts of refresh, or will there be 2 DD's? (I was on an old standard monthly single payment type before)

Everything about Refresh here (2 payments device and airtime)

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/m-p/877701/highlight/true#M6...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 46

Alexhaden
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks again, really appreciate this - especially considering its past my "lie in bed while trying to sleep" time, and then play candycrush for hours on end until its time to go to work....

So, if my current billing date is 2 May - 2 June and will be taken on the 16th by DD, thats this months advance payment.....

So what i should see, is a new DD in about 2 weeks for the Device part of the refresh, and my exisiting bill should then show a £35 credit for this months advance payment, then a 21 and a 21 payment to cover the advance month and then the next month, making a total of around £42 for the two months, -£35 for this month thats just been billed for leaving £7 due for the airtime and £28 due for the device, all due in about 14 days from today.....

Um, my brain hurts, does that sound right?
Message 29 of 46

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You've given me brain ache too slight_smile
But yes, that's how it should work.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 46