Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle

MjD1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just received email back from O2 recycle that says that there has been a re-assessment of the money the O2 staff offered for the i phone 6 I returned. I was offered £50 the phone was in excellent condition, had been kept in a case and had a screen cover. The email sent back stated that they could only offer £10 as the screen was coming away from the body. This was not the case when the phone was sent back. I even sent the phone back special delivery as mentioned in the advice in the instructions sent by O2. THis cost me £7!. Where can I go next with my complaint? This seems like a great way to make money for some organisation!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MjD1 

Ask them to send the phone back and take it to CEX or Mazuma Mobile, you will get a much better price for it.

If you have already accepted the offer then you can complain....but this will only fall in your favour if you took pictures of the phone before you sent it off. Otherwise it's your word against theirs.

O2 Recycle are notorious for this sort of 'scam' https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A nice little earner indeed despite assurances from O2 people that they give a fair price. They are a joke in my opinion.

Message 3 of 3