cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle a scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 offered me £95 for my phone which is perfect not a single scratch. they emailed me saying my screen was cracked and back was missing. Both lies. I got lady at post office to check it before sealing the bag as proof. Then because i rang and complained they offered me £45 to which i told them to return my phone to me. My phone returned to me with back on and a perfect screen. Rip off merchants scammers. Ive been with o2 from begining but will be leaving asap along with my 2 sons and my daughter. No more o2 for us. I am also contacting trading standards regarding this. DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONES TO THESE RIP OFF SCAMMERS

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

wearethmods
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They scanned me too and returned my "fine" iPad Air with scratches and a nice dent
Message 11 of 19

wearethmods
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They scammed me too and returned my "fine" iPad Air with scratches and a nice dent
Message 12 of 19

wearethmods
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I had the cash I'd get a solicitor to sort you people out. Con artists!
Message 13 of 19

wearethmods
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well lucky you! You must be loaded
Message 14 of 19

wearethmods
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You need a passport or drivers license to sell to game. I have neither.
Message 15 of 19

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Which people are you going to sort out? Everyone on here is a customer like yourself. 

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have also had the same thing happen to me with an IPhone, in perfect condition sent it off and now the screen is cracked. Which was not the case when I sent it! Rang customer services and they were not helpful at all! I am getting my phone sent back but how will I even know it's my phone! How has anyone else resolved this issue?
Message 17 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You need to check the IMEI number is the same when the phone is returned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 19

Mike3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was offered £160 for my iPhone 7 - it had spent its life in a leather case and had a screen cover - it was literally immaculate when I returned it. A colleague laughed when told him and said o2 would email me saying there was damage and offer me much less. Having been a loyal customer since o2 started I dismissed his comments. Guess what ! Email today saying the screen is cracked and offered me £80 !!! I can’t believe it - what a disgrace !!! I phoned up to complain and the man said it want in their interest to scam me - I said it was £80 in their interest to scam me !!! Goodbye o2
Message 19 of 19