cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Is A SCAM!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a warning to anyone thinking of using O2 Recycle.

My situation was I saw the O2 Recycle when thinking of upgrading and when I honestly filled out the recylce valuation, it convinced me to get a new iPhone 7. Anyway, they offered me £214 for my iPhone 6 which was in immaculate condition, with no damage at all. Anyway, I send it off to them and then turn around and say we are not offering £214 anymore, its £40 take it or leave it. They claimed there was damage to the screen, which there isnt. I requested the phone sent back to me and eventually, it turned up. There is no damage to the phone at all. They also decided to throw away the original box I sent with it, so no I cant even sell it.

I am considering cancelling my contract with them as this service is a complete and utter scam.

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

Anonymous
Not applicable
That’s surely illegal falsifying photos?
Message 81 of 138

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also have "almost" just been ripped off by o2 recyle

having upgraded to note 9 from s8 plus - I used the recycle service. They initially offered me £200 so thought fine. Sent the phone in - very well packaged then today they send me a revised offer down to £44 from £200

the reason given was : Screen damage : sceenburn

which is absolute rubbish. I only had the phone since 2017 (late in 2017) and it has been in a full case protective cover ever since I got it.

I have now rejected the offer and told them to send me the phone back. You have 48 hours to accept or reject a revised offer. Its sad and quite pathatic that a company like o2 will try this scam.

I emailed them told them clearly to return my handset. So yep o2 recycle is a scam. Anyone reading this o2 ?

Message 82 of 138

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Dino1968

This is the latest excuse from the scam company calling itself O2 Recycle!

They used water damage for years...now they have moved onto screen burn.

When you get the phone back try CEX or Mazuma mobiles. You will get a far better price for it

https://www.mazumamobile.com/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 138

Dino1968
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it seems that way @Cleoriff anyway they responded and sending the phone back within 5 working days. What a total utter waste of time. And I can see the mods here never really respond to these threads and of course o2 remain silent as they go on scamming countless 1000s.

Message 84 of 138

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Dino1968 wrote:

which is absolute rubbish. I only had the phone since 2017 (late in 2017) and it has been in a full case protective cover ever since I got it.

Just to point this out, screen burn is a progressive side effect of OLED displays and isn't related to physical scratches or damage of any type.

I believe CEX will also offer a lower price on burned in displays purely as they are harder to sell.

However, it may be worth contacting Samsung support as in some cases, Samsung will replace a burned in panel, each case is different and I've seen some with sucesss, and some not.

Message 85 of 138

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Dino1968 wrote:

Just to point this out, screen burn is a progressive side effect of OLED displays and isn't related to physical scratches or damage of any type.

I believe CEX will also offer a lower price on burned in displays purely as they are harder to sell.

However, it may be worth contacting Samsung support as in some cases, Samsung will replace a burned in panel, each case is different and I've seen some with sucesss, and some not.

@viridis wrote:

@Dino1968 wrote:

If there is actually any screenburn at all!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 138

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
On an S8, very likely.
Most oled displays will have burn in after a year, normally not enough to reduce value, but if a user sits daily say watching YouTube in portrait, then there will be a clear burn in in the top half.
Message 87 of 138

DiceDice1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally stress free experiance recieved £160 for my iphone 7 as quoted ,nearly didnt dd it because of reviews but my experiance was a happy one .

Message 88 of 138

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@DiceDice1 wrote:

Totally stress free experiance recieved £160 for my iphone 7 as quoted ,nearly didnt dd it because of reviews but my experiance was a happy one .

Pleased to hear you had a good experience @DiceDice1 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 138

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

And a lot of people crank the brightness up on their handsets thinking it wont hurt...sadly it does though.

I keep the screen on my handset to near minimum brightness for that reason.

I'd had my Samung Galaxy S7 Edge well over a year and got  the top allowance possiblefrom CeX in Barry ..no screen burn on that beauty. 

Message 90 of 138