cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Is A SCAM!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a warning to anyone thinking of using O2 Recycle.

My situation was I saw the O2 Recycle when thinking of upgrading and when I honestly filled out the recylce valuation, it convinced me to get a new iPhone 7. Anyway, they offered me £214 for my iPhone 6 which was in immaculate condition, with no damage at all. Anyway, I send it off to them and then turn around and say we are not offering £214 anymore, its £40 take it or leave it. They claimed there was damage to the screen, which there isnt. I requested the phone sent back to me and eventually, it turned up. There is no damage to the phone at all. They also decided to throw away the original box I sent with it, so no I cant even sell it.

I am considering cancelling my contract with them as this service is a complete and utter scam.

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

X30nShaun
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just as the forums suggested, sent an immaculate phone no damage not even a scratch, 

They send a revised quote from 272 to 54 GBP, reason broken buttons and screen.

I called the lady said on its not that reason its ...... Drumb roll.... Screen Burn. 

Revised quote attached. 

Screenshot_20211021-100627_Gmail.jpg

Message 131 of 138

woodmj
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 55 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, they were fine a couple of years ago and I didn't even think to look for poor reviews as O2 still have their brand name next to them so have I been or am about to be scammed? 

Although the quote section of their website works fine as already noted in this thread the tracking part just gives a spinning circle and although they received my phone I haven't heard from them.

So it sounds like I've lost my phone or if it does turn up they'll offer me next to nothing for it and if I decline it would be hard and take a long time to get my phone back?

Message 132 of 138

RobBird12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am literally going through the exact same issue now. Seems like a massive scam

Message 133 of 138

lifewithjames
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine was reduced from £117 to £23.50 as "unable to make a call". I've asked them to expand on this as the phone was perfectly able to make calls previously.

I didnt include the sim. Was I supposed to? 

Message 134 of 138

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@lifewithjames 

No, of course not.

It's getting close to Christmas so they will be collecting for the party, no doubt 🙄

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 135 of 138

lifewithjames
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Only other explanation I could think was it got damaged in transit...but then if thats the case just say "large amount of external damage" I'd be interested to know what exactly happens when they try to make a call. Does the phone turn on? Is it the case they can't hear the person at the other end?  There's no signal? Probably turn out they had the call on mute or something.

Message 136 of 138

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Get them to return the phone to you in the original condition you sent it

£23.50 won't even get you a night out

Message 137 of 138

Oxonian
  • 5444 Posts
  • 93 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@lifewithjames 

Follow @jonsie's advice and then either :-

a) try selling it to a local shop such as CEX. 

b) try selling it on ebay. 

c) try an online recycling business such as Mazuma Mobile - my experience is that they are very fair.  

Message 138 of 138