cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Is A SCAM!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a warning to anyone thinking of using O2 Recycle.

My situation was I saw the O2 Recycle when thinking of upgrading and when I honestly filled out the recylce valuation, it convinced me to get a new iPhone 7. Anyway, they offered me £214 for my iPhone 6 which was in immaculate condition, with no damage at all. Anyway, I send it off to them and then turn around and say we are not offering £214 anymore, its £40 take it or leave it. They claimed there was damage to the screen, which there isnt. I requested the phone sent back to me and eventually, it turned up. There is no damage to the phone at all. They also decided to throw away the original box I sent with it, so no I cant even sell it.

I am considering cancelling my contract with them as this service is a complete and utter scam.

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Many customers have had the exact same problem with them I'm sorry to say.

Message 2 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm really not surprised, it's a complete rip off. They won't even let me leave a review unless I accept their awful offer!
Message 3 of 138

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Another in the long line of complaints I'm afraid.
To anyone else contemplating this, CEX will value it face to face and pay out immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 138

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They bank on gullible people accepting the revised derisory offer and no doubt some do.

Message 5 of 138

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Robbery!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 138

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No warning needed @Anonymous
Luckily Ive been a member here long enough to know I'll never use these criminals (obtaining goods by deception) and your story is one in a looooooooooooong line of exactly the same story.
Demand item back and tell them it had better be returned in the same condition your photographs show.
Magically, you'll receive a revised offer, decline it and go cex as previously said
Message 7 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridisI already did, and they sent it back slowly and they threw away the official box, documentation etc so now I just have the handset and probably can't sell it 😞

I know I shouldnt have sent the original box and documents etc, but I didnt expect them to try and rip me off so I never thought Id be accepting the phone back.

Message 8 of 138

Cleoriff
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Nothing more than big con artists. They tempt you in with what appears to be a reasonable offer then come back with something derisory. I fully expect your phone would be sold on in the 'Like New' section as immaculate. Time something was done about these fraudsters. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 138

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 138