Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2: As I can see the port is completed today, so there is an error in the process.

O2: You will have to try in 24hours and it will be done.

Me: Yeah, I tried before the port and it didnt work (Saturday and Sunday just gone). Is the Huawei P20 Pro available with the O2 Open discount (I have a 50gb refresh plan)

O2: It will be done if you try after 24hours are completed.

Me: Okay so I can get it with this phone?

Me: Because I get this message: The O2 Refresh device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount: Huawei P20 Pro

O2: It says currently that means, you need to wait and it will be done.

Me: okay so tomorrow I will be able to do it and it will work?

O2: Yes, you will be able to do it tomorrow.
Message 41 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@kieranm9090 I'd trust them on live chat as far as I could throw them.. no offence to anyone intended.
Message 42 of 82

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@cardno4wrote:
Hmmm I see. So that's the definitive answer then? Bit of a sham when the employee in the O2 shop itself told me j could. I'll have to ring up O2 and see if I can get anything in the way if compensation but I must say I'm feeling a lot less confident now hearing that from @Marjo

@MI5you are right it is within my right to take it back but you know what it's like when you've set up your phone as you want, sold your previous handset etc to then have to change it up again... I have a tablet on a tariff too.. anyone know if a family discount or other discount could be applied ? Cheers.

Yes you can @cardno4

https://www.o2.co.uk/additional-line

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 82

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@cardno4 completely agree, no 2 live chat operators are the same, they all have different information to give, even though they all work for the same firm.

Message 44 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

Hi guys,

We've checked this on our end. The P20 Pro is excluded from O2 Open, however the P20 is eligible.

@MI5 is correct in that there's no list available. Company-specific eligibility can also be checked if you text the word OPEN followed by your company name to 61202. It will tell you if you are eligible, and what your 5-digit code is.

Thank you for the clarification @Marjo

It seems annoying though for those who have preordered or bought the most expensive model without knowing this. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 82

sratansi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

couldnt agree more, a bit cheeky that, especially its only the airtime thats discounted.

Message 46 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I find it outrageous that O2 have made the Pro ineligible but not the normal P20 all for the sake of a few pounds yet treating customers with contempt. I seriously wonder why people do business with this company.

Message 47 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also what happens when the P20 pro DOES become eligible?

Will they be able to apply for it then? (As they will be way out of the 30 days cut off point?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

Will they be able to apply for it then? (As they will be way out of the 30 days cut off point?)

I'm guessing that would be a NO..  

Message 49 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

I'm guessing that would be a NO..  

My guess as well. Personally I think everyone who bought this phone would have every reason to complain. This should surely be the incentive to buy a flagship device. The fact you can get Open on the cheaper model is farcical. No point anyone saying well this happens every time a flagship device is released. The question that needs asking is WHY?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 82