Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Topics: 533
Solutions: 11,467

Re: O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

@mattye81wrote:

Also is there a list of companies that are included on the open discount?

No, nothing published, but your HR dept should know if your company is included.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

Thank you, I feel that there has been no mention of anything except for word of mouth and the staff in-store you would trust so really it's the publishing team who sort the information are at fault as they need to know before :/
Community Manager

Hi guys,

We've checked this on our end. The P20 Pro is excluded from O2 Open, however the P20 is eligible.

@MI5 is correct in that there's no list available. Company-specific eligibility can also be checked if you text the word OPEN followed by your company name to 61202. It will tell you if you are eligible, and what your 5-digit code is.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Sorry but can I ask, why is the more expensive device not available, feels a bit like a last minute decision, especially as nothing was mentioned on any documentation about it not being on O2 open...
Level 2: Apprentice

What would the device have to do with open discounts, its on airtime plans and open to anyone with a valid code and within the 28 days.

It's a restriction that o2 apply if they think they are going to sell new devices without having to offer discounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Think it is a con really, not publishing this information during the pre-orders...

Yes, it is very unfair.

Currently using:

I just had a chat with them on the Live Chat (what a wonderful thing it is), they informed me that it IS available for the O2 open discount. My number was transferred from my old network to this one today and they said that there is an error with it and that it will sort itself out by tomorrow. When I copied the error message over, they claimed that it says 'currently' and tomorrow it will work for me. (Only time will tell) 

Level 2: Apprentice

Hmmm I see. So that's the definitive answer then? Bit of a sham when the employee in the O2 shop itself told me j could. I'll have to ring up O2 and see if I can get anything in the way if compensation but I must say I'm feeling a lot less confident now hearing that from @Marjo

@MI5 you are right it is within my right to take it back but you know what it's like when you've set up your phone as you want, sold your previous handset etc to then have to change it up again... I have a tablet on a tariff too.. anyone know if a family discount or other discount could be applied ? Cheers.