Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Another good result. Great to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So @cardno4 It appears that if you complain you will get the Open discount applied. Whilst I am delighted for you and @kieranm9090 it seems a extremely convoluted way of doing things.

It can be applied apparently so why do customers need to jump through humps to get it....?

And what about those who don't complain?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff I agree but perhaps some stores were briefed in time, some weren't, some had pre orders for the device and maybe some had nine so they were informed in time. I don't know and I agree it's not best practice but they are, it seems, just taking it on a conpalint by complaint basis.
Message 73 of 82

Dosher
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, just wanted to say a huge thanks to those keeping people updated.
Just as you advised the only way to get it sorted is to put in a complaint over phone. Wait a few days to escalate it and then they'll apply it manually for you.
It's a pain in the backside that the website isn't working, but this way should fix it.
Message 74 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great to see that O2 seem to be treating everyone in the same way thankfully. Well done to those who complained and got the discount applied. This is definitely the way forward and O2 have set precedents now so now everyone needs to complain I think the what O2 should do now is to simply make the phone eligible so that customers don't need to complain. 

There again, O2 don't do common sense. ....

Message 75 of 82

cardno4
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also @jonsie there will be plenty of people out there who have been told no they can't claim the discount and have left it at that....
Message 76 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cardno4 wrote:
Also @jonsie there will be plenty of people out there who have been told no they can't claim the discount and have left it at that....

^^^^^^^^ Exactly that @cardno4 which is a great concern to me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 82

cardno4
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Everyone knows an email to all those who pre ordered that device wouldn't go amiss but that won't happen. Btw to anyone wondering, it's a lovely phone...jumped ship from IPhone and haven't looked back, O2 open dramas aside.
Message 78 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cardno4Great to hear you are enjoying the phone...and more importantly you jumped ship from iPhones wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 82

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good choice @cardno4

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 80 of 82