Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mattye81wrote:

Also is there a list of companies that are included on the open discount?

No, nothing published, but your HR dept should know if your company is included.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, I feel that there has been no mention of anything except for word of mouth and the staff in-store you would trust so really it's the publishing team who sort the information are at fault as they need to know before 😕
Message 32 of 82

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

We've checked this on our end. The P20 Pro is excluded from O2 Open, however the P20 is eligible.

@MI5 is correct in that there's no list available. Company-specific eligibility can also be checked if you text the word OPEN followed by your company name to 61202. It will tell you if you are eligible, and what your 5-digit code is.

Message 33 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry but can I ask, why is the more expensive device not available, feels a bit like a last minute decision, especially as nothing was mentioned on any documentation about it not being on O2 open...
Message 34 of 82

mattye81
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What would the device have to do with open discounts, its on airtime plans and open to anyone with a valid code and within the 28 days.

Message 35 of 82

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's a restriction that o2 apply if they think they are going to sell new devices without having to offer discounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Think it is a con really, not publishing this information during the pre-orders...

Message 37 of 82

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, it is very unfair.

Currently using:
Message 38 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just had a chat with them on the Live Chat (what a wonderful thing it is), they informed me that it IS available for the O2 open discount. My number was transferred from my old network to this one today and they said that there is an error with it and that it will sort itself out by tomorrow. When I copied the error message over, they claimed that it says 'currently' and tomorrow it will work for me. (Only time will tell) 

Message 39 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hmmm I see. So that's the definitive answer then? Bit of a sham when the employee in the O2 shop itself told me j could. I'll have to ring up O2 and see if I can get anything in the way if compensation but I must say I'm feeling a lot less confident now hearing that from @Marjo

@MI5 you are right it is within my right to take it back but you know what it's like when you've set up your phone as you want, sold your previous handset etc to then have to change it up again... I have a tablet on a tariff too.. anyone know if a family discount or other discount could be applied ? Cheers.
Message 40 of 82