Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agree.. I'm quite close to going into an O2 shop and handing my device back to them, as mentioned above, pre ordering a device shouldn't then have an adverse effect. The fact it's not mentioned anywhere as an ineligible device..
Message 21 of 82

cardno4
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update. After pressing the person I was dealing with via twitter I mentioned that the handset isn't listed as ineligible to which I've got the reply, "thanks for letting us know, we will update this"

Can anyone advise my next move? One of the reasons I took out this tariff is because with the 25% off it is manageable
Message 22 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am going to request the discount, because it is false advertisement. Although they did NOT advertise saying ti was available, in store they said to me that if it is NOT on the O2 Open, then it should say in the small print. We looked at every small print possible and saw NOTHING stating that it was not on O2 Open.

I myself will be requesting the discount and pushing it to be made as it was not made clear that the discount was not available.

Message 23 of 82

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cardno4I would keep trying for a couple of days and if no joy give customer services a call. I haven't yet had chance to read all the responses about Open and the P20 yet, though I know @Marjo and @Martin-O2 our community admin were asked to check this out. I hope they will be able to help?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 82

cardno4
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you @Cleoriff for getting back to me. Would just cost me just under £160 for something that wasn't explained to me at point of purchase. I'll keep trying to apply the discount and if nothing the next few days I'll get back to you all. Thanks again.
Message 25 of 82

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Remember you all have 14 days to change your mind, cancel and go to a different network if the prices are more favourable too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 82

kieranm9090
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And lose the £329 headphones...no thanks.

Message 27 of 82

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @sratansi,@kieranm9090 sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this. We'll see what we can find out for you regarding the Open discount and will post back.

Message 28 of 82

mattye81
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, I know this isn't the right place for the question, but whats in the box? I get my pre order in a couple of days and different review sites are saying you get a silicone case? Is that true?

Message 29 of 82

mattye81
  • 58 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also is there a list of companies that are included on the open discount?

Message 30 of 82