Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount on Huawei P20 Pro

sratansi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got my P20 Pro and was trying to add my O2 Open Doscount but keep getting a message saying : device associated with this number isn’t currently eligible for an O2 Open discount

Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

kieranm9090
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contacted O2 about this as I am having the same problem.

In store, they said that if a phone is not on O2 Open, it always said in the small print for the phone before purchasing (like they did for the iPhone X), however, this phone didn't have anything of the sort mentioned in the contract, which normally implies that it is eligible.

When I contacted O2 they re-assured me that it WILL work there and then, although I kept getting the same message, after a while they said it is was very unusual that it is not working, and after the person on the other end spoke to their manager about the problem, they passed it over to them. So the manager on the other end is going to try and fix the problem, which they said will be done with the web team to fix the problem online. They said that in 24 hours it should be visible on my contract on MyO2.

I have the feeling this is because the Huawei P20 Pro is NOT available in-store or online yet, ONLY pre-orders are available. I went to the store to collect my pre-order and they said the only P20 Pro in the store was mine (I was the only one to pre-order). So probably in two weeks time is when it is meant to work, but I feel that they are going to sort it much sooner for the pre-order gang.

Hope this helps, I am having the exact same issue.

Message 11 of 82

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Makes perfect sense ^^^
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah that makes sense
Message 13 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I hope it does work within the two weeks they specified @kieranm9090. It has to be applied within 30 days of the start of contract or you will lose it. O2 really need to get on top of these things to ensure buying a flagship phone is hassle free and eligible for all available discounts at the point of sale. Good luck with this wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 82

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fortunately, the 30 days won't start until the phone goes on sale, so those on pre order, still have loads of time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar to the iPhone unlocking thing needs to be properly done 

@Cleoriffwrote:

I hope it does work within the two weeks they specified @kieranm9090. It has to be applied within 30 days of the start of contract or you will lose it. O2 really need to get on top of these things to ensure buying a flagship phone is hassle free and eligible for all available discounts at the point of sale. Good luck with this wink

Message 16 of 82

cardno4
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just been messaging o2 via twitter about this same issue as u am having it too.. the answer I got wasn't as positive though. They said that the Huawei p20 Pro is not available to use with the O2 open discount... This is despite me being told it is in store and then even writing me out the web address on a post it note...

Any definitive answer yet? Cheers
Message 17 of 82

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 18 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No wonder it's confusing for buyers. However I did read somewhere that it was due to them being in the 'pre-order not released yet' stage @jonsie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 82

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

No wonder it's confusing for buyers. However I did read somewhere that it was due to them being in the 'pre-order not released yet' stage @jonsie

Yes that's what I understand but we need to know exactly when the phone will be eligible otherwise preordained may prove to be expensive in the long run.

Message 20 of 82