cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount - does it work for contracts > 24months?

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Now that O2 Refresh can be customised, extending a contract out to 36 months if desired, does the availability of O2 Open discount also match the term chosen?

I notice the recently announced O2 Offers pages default a new Pay Monthly offer to a 36-month contract to keep the figures low...

20**Personal info** 18_48_25-Pay Monthly Mobile Phones, Contracts, Offers & Deals _ O2.png

Anyone tried lately to use O2 Open on a new longer-term (more than 24 months) Pay Monthly contract?

From the O2 Open Aug-2016 Ts&Cs page here:

4.10 Airtime Discounts will remain in place for the duration of the Qualifying Contract up to a maximum of 24 months (“Offer Period”). If you leave O2, or your Qualifying Contract is terminated for any reason, including upgrading to a new Qualifying Contract, then the O2 Open Airtime Discount will stop. If you change to a new or upgraded Qualifying Contract, Eligible Employees will need to re-apply for a new O2 Open Airtime Discount meeting all the criteria of joining the Scheme that may apply at that time.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

hey @pgn I've received a reply and I can confirm that O2 Open will cover whichever term you select between 3 to 36 months. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's an interesting find @pgn. Particularly as some people (like me) would think it was for the duration of the contract!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess something we need admin to check for us @Martin-O2 @EmilieT ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

That's an interesting find @pgn. Particularly as some people (like me) would think it was for the duration of the contract!!

You have to be up and about early of a day to pull one over on old pgn, @Cleoriff Thinking

I suspect the new Ts&Cs should reflect the "up to 36 months" that O2 offer elsewhere on its website.

Message 4 of 19

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess something we need admin to check for us @Martin-O2 @EmilieT ?

I think so, @MI5 - a good exercise for the last Friday in the year.

Guess who's up for upgrade early in January...? yahoo

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I can confirm that Vodafone give you their equivalent of open discount over 36 months wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I can confirm that Vodafone give you their equivalent of open discount over 36 months wink

That's handy to know, @MI5, especially with the OP6T available on Vodafone for slightly less per month over 24months, comparison below:

20**Personal info** 20_25_14-OnePlus 6T Specs, Contract Deals & Pay As You Go.png

20**Personal info** 20_21_48-OnePlus 6T Deals from Vodafone.png

Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Vodafone advantage = O2 Open
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/discounts/vodafone-advantage

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I know for a fact, the family plans run "until you next upgrade" as quoted in a text, regarding a 36 month plan.
Message 9 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys I'll get some clarification on this one first thing next week! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 19