Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open and SIM only contracts

Glassbeard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone explain why O2 open can't be applied to SIM only contracts whilst at the same time it can only be applied to the Airtime portion of a Refresh contract.  This seems very counterintuitive as a SIM only should really be the equivilent of an Airtime portion.  My employer offers the open scheme and yet to take part I would need to cancel my sim only contract, take out a refresh contract, sell the phone boxed and new and then claim the discount which will would lower my monthly costs.

This is so backward!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As customers, we have no idea, you'd have to ask O2.
Discount help guide here for reference.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As customers, we have no idea, you'd have to ask O2.
Discount help guide here for reference.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I thought you could apply O2 Open discount to sim only? @MI5 don't you have it? 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
@jonsie F&F can be applied to simo but I believe Open is Refresh only.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Oh that's disappointing but thinking about it, yes recall it's always latest top of the range phones that have Open issues. It was F&F that I was thinking of, I knew you had a discounted simo 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, that's it mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6