Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Code

Karen196446
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I work for the nhs and have just brought the new samsung galaxy s7 edge i went to the o2 open website and read faqs which say

What's the deal, in simple terms?
O2 Open gives customers 25% off airtime plans with 3GB or above data and 15% off airtime plans below 3GB. This is across all Refresh 24 month Pay Monthly voice and Mobile Broadband tariffs.

but o2 says it does not apply to samsung galaxy s7 or s7 edge phone.

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

I'm sure this has been unneccessary hassle for you Karen, apologies 😞 

There are several different options open to you if you're up for pursuing the matter.

If an advisor implied that you could use O2 Open on the S7, then I think you're well within your rights to stick this in an email to the complaints review service. I'd like to think they'd remedy this for you. If you're not satisfied with their decision, you could then escalate the issue to the ombudsmand. The details for all the above are here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

As you're still within your 14 day cooling off period, you have the right to end the contract. You can bring this up with complaints team, it'll carry some weight. If you felt that the complaints procedue wasn't getting you very far (and I'd like to think that wouldn't happen), you can also return to your previous contract until the S7 is available on Open, or leave the network altogether.

I hope this helps

Message 31 of 73

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Option 1...yes

Option 2...yes

Option 3...a definite no, the contract has been paid up and closed. You cannot return to that same contract. If you choose to cancel, a sim only deal would be your best option but personally I would be looking and shopping around unless Refresh is a deal maker.

Message 32 of 73

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You certainly won't get the paid off amount back, when you pay to refresh sooner, all you are entitled to is a replacement or cancellation.
Message 33 of 73

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Option 1...yes

Option 2...yes

Option 3...a definite no, the contract has been paid up and closed. You cannot return to that same contract. If you choose to cancel, a sim only deal would be your best option but personally I would be looking and shopping around unless Refresh is a deal maker.

To clarify: I mean OP could return to their pre-upgrade state if they chose to. They would have the equivalent of their previous tariff and could upgrade any time. If OP did a fast track upgrade from Refresh, the credit agreement amount wouldn't be returned.

Message 34 of 73

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@PhoneDoc wrote:

I'm sure this has been unneccessary hassle for you Karen, apologies 😞 

There are several different options open to you if you're up for pursuing the matter.

If an advisor implied that you could use O2 Open on the S7, then I think you're well within your rights to stick this in an email to the complaints review service. I'd like to think they'd remedy this for you. If you're not satisfied with their decision, you could then escalate the issue to the ombudsmand. The details for all the above are here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

As you're still within your 14 day cooling off period, you have the right to end the contract. You can bring this up with complaints team, it'll carry some weight. If you felt that the complaints procedue wasn't getting you very far (and I'd like to think that wouldn't happen), you can also return to your previous contract until the S7 is available on Open, or leave the network altogether.

I hope this helps

That's all a lot of work for a customer to get what they were promised.

I'd go as far as saying the decision to stick s7 on the exclusion list is a recent one, otherwise surely the faq would have been updated.

The fact it's a flagship means nothing, only certain s6's were exempt, a handful of androids over all the years.

They simply chose to exclude it, for the same reason they disgustingly withheld any promotion on Gear vr (free for any pre orders in all of Europe?)until AFTER the pre orders had passed... Money.

Message 35 of 73

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Some people beg to differ but they forget the years of experience we have in such matters. Being loyal to a company is very commendable within reason but before stating something you really need to be be in complete knowledge of company policy. Don't get me wrong, I've been with o2 since it was cellnet,  before even BT were involved. I've worked for them, I love o2....but I'm totally impartial and don't profess to know all. I'm always happy to be corrected and we all learn a little every day. Ok someone kick my soapbox away before the masses throw tomatoes and eggs!

Message 36 of 73

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
@viridis I understand the point you're making, feel free to PM me about some of those issues (I do have reasonable explanations for a few). There's not much we can do here to resolve issues like Karen has experienced, but I think laying out all the options available is a good start
Message 37 of 73

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sorry, as this is the O2 community, I only can liase with @Toby @Martin-O2 or @Anonymous if I have any issues.
Other O2 staff are not permitted to request private correspondence regarding O2 issues.
Message 38 of 73

Karen196446
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have to add this aswell its nothing to do with the open code but recived new phone on the 10th on the 30GB tariff on the 1tth at 7pm O2 transfered me back to old Tariff a Data Sharing Plan so i lost all my Data i have phoned and complained every day since and still not back on my 30GB tariff.

Message 39 of 73

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Karen196446 wrote:

i have to add this aswell its nothing to do with the open code but recived new phone on the 10th on the 30GB tariff on the 1tth at 7pm O2 transfered me back to old Tariff a Data Sharing Plan so i lost all my Data i have phoned and complained every day since and still not back on my 30GB tariff.

Do you have any devices connected via the sharer tariff, such as a tablet Karen?

Message 40 of 73