Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Anonymous

O2 MOBILE BROADBAND USERS

O2 HAVE CHANGED THE DATA ALLOWANCE WITH NO NOTICE I WILL GOING TO THE O2 SHOP I BOUGHT THE Mobile USB STICK FROM TO ASK FOR A REFUND AS I BOUGHT THE DONGLE FOR THE DAILY 500Gb ALLOWNCW AND THE WEEKLY 1 Gb ALOWANCE AS IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

As Far as Im aware they have only changed there data allowence on Mobile phones and with new mobile phones taken out when the iphone 4 was launched.

What allowences have they changed on the dongle?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Level 9: Fired up

As Far as Im aware they have only changed there data allowence on Mobile phones and with new mobile phones taken out when the iphone 4 was launched.
What allowences have they changed on the dongle?

viewtopic.php?t=45794&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Anonymous

Data allowance on PAYG mobile broadband

I have been using O2 mobile broadband on PAYG for just over 12 months, and I have recently had it confirmed by O2 that at the end of September my data allowance will drop by 1/3 from 3GB to 2GB for 30 days.
I will most likely then switch to Vodafone or 3 from that date as I think O2 are wrong to reduce this yet still charge same price.
Anonymous

Im switching to 3
Highlighted
Anonymous

Im switching to 3

Not the best idea in the world.

There network is very unstable, frequent disconnections and slowdowns
Anonymous

Im switching to 3

Not the best idea in the world.
There network is very unstable, frequent disconnections and slowdowns

lol.

You ever used O2's network?

There are 2 places I get disconnected on 3 between my work and my house, both tunnels so not unexpected.

There are 6 places I get disconnected on O2.

Between my work on my house 3 can maintain a HSDPA connection other than the aforementioned tunnels.

Between my work and my house O2 can barely maintain GPRS with any reliability.

There are various real world tests and surveys that have been done across the UK networks and I'd recommend people have a look at these and take advantage of the returns policies offered until they find the best performance in their area.

FYI O2 almost never come out well, 3 regularly do.
Anonymous

I always thought that as they got more and more customers they would increase the allowance from 3 to 5 Gb a month for your £15 and not lessen it.
Anonymous

More users = more strain on the network and unfortunatily it's not a big proffit earner to roll out big bandwidth upgrades. They've capping mobile phone data useage as well in October.