cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Ask mini review

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Ask

O2 Ask is a new service designed to replace the now defunct TU app which allowed customers with little or no signal to be able to call or text over their WiFi connection with their allowances. You can download it via your phones App Store. 

Overall Look

It looks very smart & looks the same as all the O2 apps. I like the new style of menus in this app compared to the myo2 one. Much clearer & easier to view especially data allowance. Although when you click on something it can take a while to load as it’s very slow. The menus look nice & simple. 

SMS function 

I primarily tested this app to see if the sms would work over WiFi considering I already have an excellent o2 signal in my area but some areas I frequent may occasionally need WiFi Calling so this was a welcome add. The function does take a little bit of working out but make sure your contacts that you want to text have the same app downloaded on their phone otherwise you can send but you won’t receive their replies. 

My Thoughts

Its a nice app but I think I’ll stick to good old myo2 for my account & WhatsApp for sending messages over WiFi

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 52 of 91

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Apologies.....err...mini......god, don't you live auto correct! Just maybe it's cleverer than me this time 😂

Message 53 of 91

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
One thing I have noticed over the weekend is unusual.
Text notifications are turned on, and if you select one it takes you to the conversation (if the phone is unlocked).
However if you then back out of the message it asks for your pin. Not before entering the app, but after coming out of the conversation.
I would presume this is because you already know that conversation and are happy to see it.
The other odd thing is that notifications come through from banks and others that didn't show on Tu. If you try and open one of these then it fails and they do not appear in the list of interactions which is strange...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 54 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Reading the above @gmarkj this just seems to me that the app is full of errors and until these are ironed out, it's hardly worth downloading. Can't see the point of any app which fails to work as it should do.

Hardly any wonder that the Admin staff on here aren't allowed to talk about it yet' ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 91

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Are they errors or are they trying to get it to work fully as an SMS replacement?
I think it would be useful for some official guidance on how it SHOULD work rather than me guessing what I think, which is most likely not the same.
Without that it might be what I think is an issue is actually a feature/design.
When official communication does come through it will be welcome.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 56 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:
Are they errors or are they trying to get it to work fully as an SMS replacement?
I think it would be useful for some official guidance on how it SHOULD work rather than me guessing what I think, which is most likely not the same.
Without that it might be what I think is an issue is actually a feature/design.
When official communication does come through it will be welcome.

Either way it isn't functioning properly so I fail to see why O2 have 'jumped the gun' releasing it..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 91

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
As I say without some sort of input from o2 we have no idea if it is working or not.
@Martin-O2 @Marjo is there anything we can do to get some official update?

Message 58 of 91

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe this is some sort of beta version? Until you can reveive calls from others who don't  have the app it's not an awful lot of use to customers who have no network coverage. Yes you can receive texts from banks and other short numbers but that brings it's own problems. 

Message 59 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo @Martin-O2 can we have an answer on this please 

Message 60 of 91