cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Ask mini review

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Ask

O2 Ask is a new service designed to replace the now defunct TU app which allowed customers with little or no signal to be able to call or text over their WiFi connection with their allowances. You can download it via your phones App Store. 

Overall Look

It looks very smart & looks the same as all the O2 apps. I like the new style of menus in this app compared to the myo2 one. Much clearer & easier to view especially data allowance. Although when you click on something it can take a while to load as it’s very slow. The menus look nice & simple. 

SMS function 

I primarily tested this app to see if the sms would work over WiFi considering I already have an excellent o2 signal in my area but some areas I frequent may occasionally need WiFi Calling so this was a welcome add. The function does take a little bit of working out but make sure your contacts that you want to text have the same app downloaded on their phone otherwise you can send but you won’t receive their replies. 

My Thoughts

Its a nice app but I think I’ll stick to good old myo2 for my account & WhatsApp for sending messages over WiFi

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

@AnonymousCould you provide a link to the post by @MI5 please?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Accounts/m-p/1110935#M146537

Message 11 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thank you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 91

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There was an announcement which was withdrawn and we did discuss it at the start of the week.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I recall, it was something on the carousel and then removed??

There has been nothing official though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 91

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There was from Chris but them removed as I said above and the last time it was discussed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why was the announcement removed 

Message 16 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes, I'm not arguing about any of that. Some of us saw it on the carousel then it was gone.

My point is we have had NO official announcement about this really important app from Admin.

This is the way we hear about new developments. Always has been

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 91

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No idea?

Currently using:
Message 18 of 91

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The announcement was withdrawn as there were questions about it - not sure what or from who.
I had posted a link to a google cache version but it was removed as well.
I grabbed a copy of the app as it is on the Play store.
It seems to be a cross between My o2 and Tu - it has your bill/usage on but you can also call and text from it.
The blurb says you can call or text UK numbers using WiFi - perhaps this is the famed Tu replacement?
The only difference is that you can only use it if you have a pay monthly account with one number. So if you are PAYG or business it won't work - personally I would try it, but that is just me...
It also stores chats with live chat, but that and the text/call function are the only things that differ from My o2.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

Why was the announcement removed 

Because they weren't ready to announce it. It was put on the carousel in error

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 91