cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Ask mini review

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Ask

O2 Ask is a new service designed to replace the now defunct TU app which allowed customers with little or no signal to be able to call or text over their WiFi connection with their allowances. You can download it via your phones App Store. 

Overall Look

It looks very smart & looks the same as all the O2 apps. I like the new style of menus in this app compared to the myo2 one. Much clearer & easier to view especially data allowance. Although when you click on something it can take a while to load as it’s very slow. The menus look nice & simple. 

SMS function 

I primarily tested this app to see if the sms would work over WiFi considering I already have an excellent o2 signal in my area but some areas I frequent may occasionally need WiFi Calling so this was a welcome add. The function does take a little bit of working out but make sure your contacts that you want to text have the same app downloaded on their phone otherwise you can send but you won’t receive their replies. 

My Thoughts

Its a nice app but I think I’ll stick to good old myo2 for my account & WhatsApp for sending messages over WiFi

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Actually @Anonymous the other person does not need the app.
Conversations that I have with my wife (on Tesco) come through on both the app and the normal SMS app.
Much like Tu, messages I send through SMS appear in the Ask app but messages I send through the app do not appear in SMS.
Not tried calling with it yet - perhaps this is the part that requires both sides to have the app?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj I sent an sms through the app but didn’t receive a reply through the app. Maybe it needs to be ironed out after all it’s brand new

Message 3 of 91

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Strange @Anonymous.
Just tried it by sending a text to my work phone from the app.
Went through fine. Replied on work phone and come through on app and SMS.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj I may give it another go sometime 

Message 5 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting. How come I haven't heard about this and then suddenly we have a mini review?

No announcement, nothing. No links to it?

I feel I have missed something here.... @Martin-O2 @Marjo??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

Interesting. How come I haven't heard about this and then suddenly we have a mini review?

I feel I have missed something here....

I only found out about it via a post made by @MI5 this lunchtime 

Message 7 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Really? Normally Admin make an announcement about new developements...but hey ho....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriffwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

Really? Normally Admin make an announcement about new developements...but hey ho....

Yes it did strike me as odd to why no announcement 

Message 9 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousCould you provide a link to the post by @MI5 please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 91