Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting issues

Scott17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi on the 16th of may 23 I sent o2 a pac code from giffgaff [Removed] and a number that I was bring over to o2 [Removed]

on the 18th of may 23 the number was surprosed to change over but hasn’t 

ive phoned customer service 154 times in the last 9 day and my response I get is the number is stuck but your number your bringing from giffgaff is showing on your account as an o2 number 

customer service just raising an issue and referring it to there back office team that can’t and don’t give any fees back or a solution to the problem 

today is not the 25th of may 23 I still have not recieved any info or had my number changed over keep getting told 24 hours and then nothing happens 

its been 9 days going into 10 that I have a temporary number that I can’t send calls or texts but can recieve calls and texts 

my giffgaff services went out of service exactly 24 hours after pac code was submitted to o2 so they have done there job 

I have not Been able to access anything on my phone no emails no online banking not personal info as I need 2 step verification so all in all I have been without a phone for last ten day where I’m expecting important emails and calls with no one being able to reach me which in turn has cost me 9 days pay as I haven’t been able to for fill my job role 

no one at customer care seems to care and does nothing to help other than tell me they understand my frustration 

im in real need or advice and to find out what the next steps are that I need to take as this number I need I very important to me 

I also understand the o2 is unlawfully holding a number from me for which I can’t understand why and it’s illegal for them to do so as the can’t refuse u the right s to that’s number as it belongs to me 

any advice and solutions is my appreciated someone please help me 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Scott17
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please advise me with someone who can help me with this problem thanks 

Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23944 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@O2Emma Can you please assist @Scott17?

Flagged to remove the OP's phone number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Morning @Bambino I will pick this up thanks

Morning @Scott17 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 4 of 10

Midori
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem.  What used to be "same day at midnight service" porting from  former SIM Carriers, now is a disaster. O2 say " it will be proted by midnight tomorrow and O2 will report if any issues". But in fact there are no further communications from O2 and, your former number is NOT PORTED !

Where on earth do we turn to get action?

Message 5 of 10

Midori
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma

Can you get me out of this mess too?

Message 6 of 10

Midori
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 Support says "Call us on 8002 to get compensation" but 8002 is an invalid number.

What happens if something goes wrong with my switch?

We're committed to ensuring you experience the smoothest possible switching journey from the moment you request your PAC/STAC code or Switching Info until the successful completion of your switch. If something goes wrong, for example, if we provide you with incorrect Switching Information, you may be able to claim compensation and/or receive a refund of any additional charges you've incurred.

If we can't switch you on the day that we told you we would, you'll be entitled to compensation.

Please call us on 8002 free from your O2 mobile to arrange this. Or call 0800 977 7337 from a non-O2 mobile or landline. You can also see our complaints page.

You will have up to 60 days, from the date of the issue or the date the issue was resolved, in which to claim your compensation.

Message 7 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12591 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

8002 is business customer services @Midori 

If you are not on a business account, try 202 instead.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Midori I am now on shift until 21.00hrs I will send you a private message.

signature
Message 9 of 10

Midori
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma

Thank you Emma, my Porting was completed as scheduled today !

Message 10 of 10