Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer

FrustratedD
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I switched from Virgin Mobile to O2 receiving my new Sim on Tuesday 25 October 2022. I submitted the online application to transfer my number on Wednesday 26 October. Nothing having happened by Saturday 29 October I phoned O2 and was told the number transfer would go through on Monday 31 October. My old Virgin Media Sim “died” around noon on Monday 31 October but as at 1715 on Wednesday 2 November my number has not been transferred to my O2 Sim. A phone call to O2 on the evening of Tuesday 1 November was unproductive. Any hints on where I go from here.

David

Message 1 of 44
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FrustratedD
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Pleased to say Georgina from O2 got involved and number ported on 9 November 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

NuttyS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There’s a problem with the company that sorts all the ports/transfers, so a lot of people are having problems. As far as I’ve seen we just have to wait 😞 

Message 2 of 44

FrustratedD
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. Would be helpful if you let me know when you get ported.

Message 3 of 44

FrustratedD
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

7 November 2022 and still not ported. Numerous calls to O2 and it always tomorrow,tomorrow. You would think someone from O2, seeing this, would be in touch to sort it. Just shocking. Anyone know how I get someone senior from O2 involved?

Message 4 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148825 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@O2Georgina ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 44

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@FrustratedD  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 6 of 44

FrustratedD
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Pleased to say Georgina from O2 got involved and number ported on 9 November 

Message 7 of 44

keith-mac
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Georginasorry to piggy back onto this thread but I'm wondering if you could help me with the same issue please

The number I want to transfer has now been cut off for over a day but it is my work number, so it's very possible that I've lost work because of the number being disconnected. 

Message 8 of 44

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@keith-mac  I will send you a private message

signature
Message 9 of 44

dwilson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could I jump on this thread too? @O2Georgina - I've tried porting the number on my son's phone three times since the 5th December but with no success or contact. Could you or someone else at O2 help?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 44