Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance calls

Ladyofmisrule
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So a few months ago, o2 leaked hundreds of our numbers. To this day, I am still getting spam calls. I can have over 100 a day. I've had multiple chats with o2 who have offered to put an international call block on my phone. Each time this hasn't been done. After speaking to someone today, they said they've told me in the past they cannot do this. After reviewing all my past chats with o2, no one has told me this. They now say the only option is to change my number. To me, this isn't really an option. Does anyone have any other options?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then I would suggest you go for a number change @Ladyofmisrule 

You have to weigh up the inconvenience of that against the constant bombardment of nuisance calls.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ladyofmisrule 

If changing your number isn't an option, the only advice O2 offer is in this thread Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Ladyofmisrule
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been doing those steps since it happened.
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then I would suggest you go for a number change @Ladyofmisrule 

You have to weigh up the inconvenience of that against the constant bombardment of nuisance calls.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ladyofmisrule 

I get my fair share of these too.

I ignore any international calls (no one abroad calls on my O2 number) and then block them.

They give up after a while and will stop selling your number on as the think it's dead.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92922 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only international bar is for outgoing calls.

One option that might work for you is to check your call settings in the phone. There should be an option to reject all calls that aren't in your contact list. The only problem with this is that this would also block all unknown or withheld numbers such as those from hospitals or doctors so is really only a temporary measure.

Message 6 of 6