cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 1020 o2 false advertising and terrible staff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 1020 and I have been waiting to recieve the "free 1020 gear bundle" (camera grip and headphones)

AS ADVERTISED 

I got my phone on the 10th, 

Spoke to an advisor on the 11th, the advisor said "the free 1020 gear will be with you in 3 days"

Nothing arrived in the three days but I decided to wait till the weekend was over and still nothing arrived, so I decided to contact o2 again.

Sunday 16th the advisor said "they will be with you tomorrow"

Personally I don't know how three days turned into six but I let it go and decided to wait again.

Now today Thursday 20th, the free 1020 gear bundle has still not shown up so I contacted o2 yet again.

The advisor today told me that I had to BUY them!!!!

When I directed her to the Nokia 1020 page she then said "go to an o2 store and see if they can help you"

I have been palmed off by three o2 staff members and now I am not happy.

Has anyone else had this problem when ordering there new Nokia Lumia 1020?

Also how do I complain?

And not online cause the staff are a bunch of muppets.

Also I will be reporting the false advertising to the ASA too.

And as I have three days left to cancel how do I cancel cause WHAT A JOKE OF A COMPANY

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry about the bad experience you have been having but It is a valid offer, still active, so no reason for you not to get it. Customer services can advise you to buy it if they credit it back and if you are happy to do it just for the sake of not having to wait for it to be posted but ideally they should be dealing with it.

So what I would say is to ring 202 again, and tell them where the offer is (I can see it online) and then it's up to them to speak to whatever department is sending the bundle out or a manager more than likely can do it himself,if the advisor cant. Hope this helps.:smileywink:

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you contacted O2 via 202 or Live Chat.

If the latter then perhaps ring them to speak to a UK call centre.

If you feel they cannot help then you do have the complaints process -> http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I'm wondering if you have to fill out a form Such as -> https://nokia1020grip.co.uk
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought these promotions usually cane from the company themselves. Nokia in this case. All my freebies have come from manufacturer not o2
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is copied directly from the O2 page selling this phone, bad spelling and all:

Free 1020 Gear Bundle

Get a free camera grip and Coloud Pop headphones, with the Nokia Lumia 1020

If you wait for a complaint to be reviewed by either post or email you will be well past the cooling off period for you to cancel. Call 202 and tell them you want to cancel, and tell them the reason why. There really is no excuse for this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure some others have mentioned this and that it had taken around 4 months to receive the free gifts - They do, indeed, come directly from Nokia.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Even if that's true there's still no reason for the OP being told he had to buy the items when they're clearly being offered for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does sound like Live Chat have had conflicting information about the offer.

Let's hope UK Customer Services can resolve this for @Anonymous
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Even if that's true there's still no reason for the OP being told he had to buy the items when they're clearly being offered for free.

Quite agree mate - That's the most awful advice ever !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Did you manage get any type of resolution on your issue ?
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry about the bad experience you have been having but It is a valid offer, still active, so no reason for you not to get it. Customer services can advise you to buy it if they credit it back and if you are happy to do it just for the sake of not having to wait for it to be posted but ideally they should be dealing with it.

So what I would say is to ring 202 again, and tell them where the offer is (I can see it online) and then it's up to them to speak to whatever department is sending the bundle out or a manager more than likely can do it himself,if the advisor cant. Hope this helps.:smileywink:

Message 10 of 10