Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim card inserted

Xx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I had my number ported from my old sim to my new sim, it was finalised over 24hrs ago, my old sim has not had no service since last might and on my account it shows my new sim is now my old number but my new sim card isn't working in my phone it is saying no sim card- emergency calls only
I have contacted my old network supplier to confirm that my phone is unlocked and they confirmed it is yet my sim card isn't working in my phone,I have contacted o2 and they have confirmed that my sim is up and running and should be working in my phone I've taken my sim card out and reset my phone numerous times but still nothing, they have sent a replacement out but it still isn't working.
I just don't want to pay for a contract sim that obviously has issues as any other sim card works in my phone
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Xx  If you have an O2 store nearby, call in and let them do a swap to another sim for you and let them install it in your phone. If there's still a problem they can call customer service while you're there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Xx  If you have an O2 store nearby, call in and let them do a swap to another sim for you and let them install it in your phone. If there's still a problem they can call customer service while you're there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Xx
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I have spoken to customer services and they sent me a new sim card out but it'd still saying no sim card, my phone is defo unlocked and my service provider has confirmed that
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Xx 

It's possible that the phone is faulty so you need to get it checked. 

Try any other SIM that you know is working to check. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Xx
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My sim card works in my partners phone, my phone is 100% unlocked and o2 have confirmed that my sim card is active but it's still showing no sim card, I have tried 2 other sim cards in my phone and they work perfectly so I literally have no clue as to what is going wrong
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Xx 

It must be another faulty sim card then.

Get it swapped in store so they can see if it works or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7